PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matchday Thread Reading v PNE - 04/11/22 - KO:20:00 - Championship

Great result. C'mon PNE, moving nicely into position for a shout end of season. Be nice to have something to shout for in the big League if a proper club with history can make it. Still got an eye on pne , cmon.

Losing to the Lashers was a real low point and pissed me right off - think I can safely say I'm over that now! Everyone bar certain suspects have redeemed themselves.

Lowe has his faults although the reasons for our problems of course lie elsewhere, but having 3 games in 6 days and winning all 3 with our squad is a fantastic achievement.

Fantastic, bloody fantastic!

Subs count for stoppage

I thought six minutes was ridiculous, championship refs are a disgrace at time management.

Reading made three changes all in one minute, you don't add two minutes on for all that ffs.

Should've been four minutes in total. At least he made up for it by not giving them a blatant free kick on edge of the box right at the end.

'The Commando values of excellence, integrity, self-discipline and humility are drilled into every recruit. Additionally, recruits are taught to embody the Commando qualities of, determination, courage, unselfishness and cheerfulness in the face of adversity.' Is this Preston North End group of staff & players & Yes, us fans, The Royal Marines ?? 🏅 🥈 🎖 🥉 😀 What a fantastic performance & an even better result 👏 Special mention to our brilliant away following. We could hear you all loud & proud on telly 📺

Pleased for Evans, who has taken quite a bit of criticism, this season in particular. I can understand that, and I've been critical myself of his lack of goals but as I said earlier, the foot problem he had at the start of last season certainly took it's toll. Whether that's now cleared up, or he's got some special insoles or something, I don't know, but I thought he looked a different player fitness-wise on Tuesday, before understandably fading in the second half. The fact that he played a full game tonight suggests that, hopefully, he may at last be back to full fitness.

Honestly think we could be in playoffs at the end of the season if in January we get a striker in, If we got Archer then i think we would be almost guarenteed playoffs but even some of these exciting league one players could be game changing. Not getting carried away or anything but the stats so far with our clean sheets and points picked up look really good for a small squad compared to others around us.

Thought we out passed Reading tonight and kept possession in triangles. Back 3 immense again and easily contained all 4 different strikers that they came up against. Brady was unlucky with the penalty award but he was wrong side of the winger who bought the foul. Potts and Brady were impressive as wingbacks and were a great outlet. Riis was disappointing and couldn’t do simple hold up play. Great result and boost for the club which was definitely deserved. What a week, with 9 points gained.

Honestly Ledson makes some absolutely terrible passes. Screams of vanity at all times. If he focused less on trying to look like he’s got technique and actually focus on hitting his man you’d get somewhere. Think that’s why some people think he’s got a player in him. Because he’s good at looking like he should be good at passing.

FFS. We’ve just won our 3rd in a row. Give it a rest, chill and enjoy the moment.

RL seemed very humble in his post match sky interview. He even admitted to previously getting a bit carried away. I've given him stick before for being a bit gobby, so fair play. And also hats off to keeping Ched on when many of us would have kept Riis on instead. Three wins in a row and fifth in the league, can't argue with that.

I thought six minutes was ridiculous, championship refs are a disgrace at time management.

Reading made three changes all in one minute, you don't add two minutes on for all that ffs.

Should've been four minutes in total. At least he made up for it by not giving them a blatant free kick on edge of the box right at the end.
7 subs, plenty of feigning injury wasting time (from both teams), 3 goals, and you’re complaining at 6 minutes !!

Reactions: rem