PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Umberto’s

A mate at work today read out the prices he'd found on facebook and we had a good laugh............ In fairness , this obviously isn't going to be a Chippy.... And in that area I can only assume that they are going to try and attract the punters from the porsche dealership across the road.. The locals certainly won't be interested.
I think the owners may have misjudged the local demographic with those prices, maybe they confused Strand Road with The Strand in London

Umberto’s Fish & Chip Shop reopens at 4pm on Saturday under the stewardship of those behind the Moorbrook.

On the menu will be a wide range of fresh fish and seafood dishes alongside beef dripping chips, homemade pies and various battered delicacies.

Please note that despite family Umberto still owning the building this will be nothing like the previous Umbertos. They did however insist on the name staying the same.

The menu can be found here - https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...LUeYzvtPghWFvrUD2zzunmr6Ql&id=100083512806174
Excellent, they do Butter Pies …….

I remember when I worked at Strand Road in the late 70’s we occasionally went and sat in the cafe part - Fish, Chips & Mushy peas, bread and butter and a cup of tea, lovely…

Excellent, they do Butter Pies …….

I remember when I worked at Strand Road in the late 70’s we occasionally went and sat in the cafe part - Fish, Chips & Mushy peas, bread and butter and a cup of tea, lovely…
Looking at the prices, you couldn't afford it now.

I think the owners may have misjudged the local demographic with those prices, maybe they confused Strand Road with The Strand in London
I occasionally stop at the Cavendish Hotel in London ( on business ) and I can confirm that prices are extremely steep near the strand….

It’s about £12 for a glass of Red…….

I occasionally stop at the Cavendish Hotel in London ( on business ) and I can confirm that prices are extremely steep near the strand….

It’s about £12 for a glass of Red…….
I hope they check your expenses

Might attract a few punters after visiting the Porshe showroom across the road 🤣

Ha ha ha…… There is a strict policy about that.

No alcohol allowed on company expenses.

If I want a glass of wine , I buy it myself…
What a cheapskate company Ando, life’s little pleasures when they’ve sent you away on your own to dark and distant lands

Liberation is already outside with his cloth napkin and bone china dinner plate

There used to be a chippy near everyone when I was a kid, women or kids queuing up at lunchtime with a bowl and tea towel to get dinner for dads when they came home at half 12. Must have been for pudding chips and gravy.

Did they do scraps on that menu?

There used to be a chippy near everyone when I was a kid, women or kids queuing up at lunchtime with a bowl and tea towel to get dinner for dads when they came home at half 12. Must have been for pudding chips and gravy.

Did they do scraps on that menu?
I remember one on the corner of Arkwright Road and Lovat Road and taking a dish to the Chippy and getting scraps as well.

@buckshawwhite my better half isn't from the North and doesn't believe me that 'scraps' and 'pea wet' was a thing!

Then again, she'd never met anyone asking for 'half rice half chips' in a takeaway either - what a sheltered life!