PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

January 2023 : Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one thing i just dont understand about this whole Archer situation is, why the tf did his brother come out and say. "If there is one place he would like to go back to it would be Preston", it was all complete bollocks and just leaves fans even more confused.
I think the Villa would’ve probably ‘advised’ him that Boro would be the better option for him, particularly if he’s to break into their first team. It’s in his best interest

Sorry but how is Whiteman twice the leader of Browne. Browne he probably shouldn't be captain but in my eyes he's best of a bad bunch. Second to maybe Ched Evans. But I don't see how people can judge Whiteman to be twice the leader that Browne is. Paul Gallagher and Paul Huntington are twice the leader Browne is. Whiteman - not even close.

I'm in agreement that Whiteman is twice the leader.

He's vocal, gets on the ball, tries to dictate and make things happen and puts in a crunching tackle when needed.

The way he stepped up for the penalty at Blackpool was ice cold and pure leadership.

Give him the armband.

With Riis now out of action for two transfer windows, I think our entire financial / recruitment plan for the next 18+ months is now out the window. As we've no one else we can make millions on.

The transfer fee budget for 22/23 was seemingly £500k+. I can't see the 23/24 one being any higher. We will be looking at a loan or two this month at best and then free agents (who don't command big wages) in summer.

Whilst the Hemmings remain here we will stay in a drab limbo land world where gaining 50+pts each season is the only objective.
Yeah well if that's the case I know where my season ticket money will be going.

Play your part my arse

Evans has stepped up and won us points on his own recently but he's not a captain. He's playing like a man who is REALLY glad to be at work again instead of being at home with the kids during the break!!!

But, realistically, he's our impact sub. He should be 3rd or 4th striker option coming in for the occasional game and playing an hour.

It's not all down to the player where he goes on loan , Villa must have it would be best for his development at another club , hope it wasn't the money they offered. !!
Let's be honest , he's more chance of promotion at Boro than here . That's got to be good for his CV , whether he looks for a move in the summer or tries to break into Villa's first team

Has Lowe comments changed from this morning tweets, to what he says in this interview, it does to me but only slightly.
RL: "We haven't got tonnes of money to go and buy someone; although I don't think I'd really buy someone unless we were getting them on a free, or with a sell-on and what not. A loan is the more likely outcome to get someone in, because it's tough to go and buy someone in January."

And it's tough the rest of the year too, we've noticed. Nothing special about January here.

RL: "We haven't got tonnes of money to go and buy someone; although I don't think I'd really buy someone unless we were getting them on a free, or with a sell-on and what not. A loan is the more likely outcome to get someone in, because it's tough to go and buy someone in January."

And it's tough the rest of the year too, we've noticed. Nothing special about January here.
Year? Decade? Century?

If North End manage to get in Anderson from Newcastle and Cannon from Everton that would definitely soften the blow of Archer going to Boro over us. Like Lowe has said this morning, there are plenty of hungry players who want to score goals. We cant keep relying on Ched as great as he has been, the players need the help because we are down to the last players we have in some positions.

Evans has stepped up and won us points on his own recently but he's not a captain. He's playing like a man who is REALLY glad to be at work again instead of being at home with the kids during the break!!!

But, realistically, he's our impact sub. He should be 3rd or 4th striker option coming in for the occasional game and playing an hour.

Last season this would have been true. But find me the team that has a striker who is scoring every 168 minutes as their 4th choice option.

At some point his 'purple patch' just turns in to a good season.

Status
Not open for further replies.