PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

January 2023 : Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
There wouldn’t be a great risk of that

But probably yes. Or at least selective in games. It’s not enjoyable to watch, and with money as tight as it is currently, why would you pay money to be regularly bored for 90 minutes
I don't find winning games boring no matter how they happen. Comments like this wind me up you might aswell go support city at that point. We will never be playing like Barca or city, ask rovers fans if they regret getting rid of big Sam and his boring hoofball. Stoke fans enjoyed winning under pulis.

It’s dreadful to watch at the moment, but I’m giving him the benefit that it’s down to the players he has at his disposable and that it’ll change soon. But Barnes coming in would disprove that
Get it in their half and see what happens haha ffs it's shocking

Reactions: OB1
Well yeah, that would be great.

I know Lowe wants to play this 'brand' and we'd all love it to work, but personally I couldn't give a toss how we win.

I think its a bit naïve to think with our budget we can get out of this league the right way by playing some amazing brand of football on our budget. We can't and we won't.

I’m started to think the only chance we’ve got is to play a style / formation of football that no other team is playing.

Jamal Lowe has to be worth a look?

Been reported a January exit of sorts is on the cards for him.
He’s turned us down once in the past, so can’t see why he’d come here especially with QPR interest

He’s also not got a great record in the championship given the teams he’s played in. 22 goals in 98 games is pretty poor

Jamal Lowe has to be worth a look?

Been reported a January exit of sorts is on the cards for him.
Think he’s had less Premier League minutes than Archer this season so I’m sure it could be worth to ask for a good ol’ loan deal. Seen as that’s what we know and love.

I don't find winning games boring no matter how they happen. Comments like this wind me up you might aswell go support city at that point. We will never be playing like Barca or city, ask rovers fans if they regret getting rid of big Sam and his boring hoofball. Stoke fans enjoyed winning under pulis.
And that’s my problem why? It’s my choice what I spend money on in the current climate, so why does it bother you?

You’ve listed two successful managers there, and failed to mention it was over a decade ago they had that success, football has moved on since then

He’s turned us down once in the past, so can’t see why he’d come here especially with QPR interest

He’s also not got a great record in the championship given the teams he’s played in. 22 goals in 98 games is pretty poor
Vast majority of his Bournemouth games came off the bench. Think about 22-24 of his league games last season for them were off the bench.

QPR interest makes it a no go, didn’t realise

And that’s my problem why? It’s my choice what I spend money on in the current climate, so why does it bother you?

You’ve listed two successful managers there, and failed to mention it was over a decade ago they had that success, football has moved on since then
Because your saying you won't back a player before a ball is kicked 😂 I agree it's your choice, we are not city I'd suggest watching them if all you care about is entertaining football. Ok Dyche did well playing an unfashionable style of football...with this player.

Football now is all about exciting expansive football, quick interchanges from midfield to attack and getting the centre halves more involved in the build up to goals. These older managers are finished, we have seen that with Steve Bruce, Big Sam, Pulis, Grayson etc. I do think football is a whole lot more engaging than what it used to be, definitely a lot less passion from some sets of fans as they expect more but the quality of football has definitely gone up.

I think an ITK said he was at the training ground then Swansea called and offered £2K more p/w?

Because you’re saying you won't back a player before a ball is kicked 😂 I agree it's your choice, we are not city I'd suggest watching them if all you care about is entertaining football. Ok Dyche did well playing an unfashionable style of football...with this player.

As @California_PNE has already pointed out, we aren’t even playing an unfashionable style. Our football has no style at all. It’s not long ball up to the big man to win the knock ons for tricky wingers like Dyche plays.

It’s entirely just hit it long and see what falls for us. And that doesn’t work long term.

And even then, notice how your long ball managers, Allardyce, Pulis, Bruce, Dyche are all currently out of work? Shouldn’t that tell you something about modern football. Just because you’ve not moved with the times doesn’t mean everyone else hasn’t

Loo
Football now is all about exciting expansive football, quick interchanges from midfield to attack and getting the centre halves more involved in the build up to goals. These older managers are finished, we have seen that with Steve Bruce, Big Sam, Pulis, Grayson etc. I do think football is a whole lot more engaging than what it used to be, definitely a lot less passion from some sets of fans as they expect more but the quality of football has definitely gone up.
Look at our game against rovers, managers are trying to play like Liverpool and city with out having the squads. We ripped rovers apart messing around with the ball at the back. Football hasn't moved on everyone's just trying to copy the new thing and that doesn't always work.

Because your saying you won't back a player before a ball is kicked 😂 I agree it's your choice, we are not city I'd suggest watching them if all you care about is entertaining football. Ok Dyche did well playing an unfashionable style of football...with this player.
So we all have to be bored rigid or go and watch City eh, if everyone took your advice there would be hardly anybuggar at Deepdale. Quite apart from that, who are you to tell anyone which club they should support, rather arrogant don’t you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.