PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

January 2023 : Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Barnes not in the Burnley team that got promoted? Did they get promoted playing hoofball?
Yes he was. A) that was 7 years ago B) That team had Andre Gray, Michael Keane, Ben Mee, Sam Vokes, Matt Lowton, Joey Barton, George Boyd C) He only made 8 appearances for them - 1 start

Side note, what I wouldn’t give to be watching the football from Neil’s first two seasons again. Most enjoyable time I’ve had going to North End bar watching McGeady

Pity some fans complained that the wingers had to do some defending and so it was boring

Football now is all about exciting expansive football, quick interchanges from midfield to attack and getting the centre halves more involved in the build up to goals. These older managers are finished, we have seen that with Steve Bruce, Big Sam, Pulis, Grayson etc. I do think football is a whole lot more engaging than what it used to be, definitely a lot less passion from some sets of fans as they expect more but the quality of football has definitely gone up.

Blackburn excepted have you watched us this season, were you at West Brom, QPR, Huddersfield and even Stoke FFS

We have the current budget from consistent rank bad management for over half a century. I wish I had been born in Burnley or even Blackburn they put put this club to shame. It’s been decades of the same and all you get is a shrug of the shoulders and told to go and watch City then! We were owned by a billionaire who forced the sale to himself and then held us back, sorry but it’s just not acceptable and our fans have deserved more for a long time not advised to go to other clubs.
I agree the fans deserve better. All I am saying is winning games is entertaining even if they are won playing a hoof ball style of football. If we start turning on players before they kick a ball based on the type of football we might play with them in the team then we might aswell just give up like the owners.

The lease was something ridiculous like 99years and the rent is peanuts as the plan was to have the museum there forever. The museum in Manchester has no stores so all the artefacts that are not on display are still stored there. The lower level gallery was stripped out and bulky items are stored in that gallery.
The upper gallery and penalty shoot out game/ viewing box are currently not used. It went to Manchester quote simply because Preston City Council would not fund it, I think they were paying £100,000 a year which didn't even cover staffing costs. Manchester Council had a empty building "Urbis" and were willing to pump in around £2million a year.
That being said I don't think its as successful as they thought it would be because they now charge entry to anyone who doesn't live in Manchester. Which kind of goes against "National Museum" status which means it should be free for all.
So, to get this straight to a Joe Average like myself - the Club's premises of the Area designated as the (former) Museum is simply a low-rent / practically-peppercorn Storage Facility, for a whole term of probably 99 years - meaning that PNE has to write this area off for a Gain of: - Not-Very-Much money ?

There's now three-in-a-row either Empty or (imo) drastically underutilized premises in the North-West Corner of this imo brilliantly-desiged Stadium.

Meanwhile the Club doesn't have a proper 'Fanzone, doesn't have a Supporters Club, and (correct me if I'm mistaken ) there's no Gymnasium / Indoor warm-up facilities for t the Youth Side of the Club- let alone the First Team Squad , - even though the Gym-Club facilities next door have 'just' shut up shop?

You couldn't make it up.

Yes he was. A) that was 7 years ago B) That team had Andre Gray, Michael Keane, Ben Mee, Sam Vokes, Matt Lowton, Joey Barton, George Boyd C) He only made 8 appearances for them - 1 start
The first time they went up he played 21 games. The season after he played the 8 games your refering to he then went on to play 28 games in the prem.

I agree the fans deserve better. All I am saying is winning games is entertaining even if they are won playing a hoof ball style of football. If we start turning on players before they kick a ball based on the type of football we might play with them in the team then we might aswell just give up like the owners.
My annoyance was you sending people to City, some fans have supported this club for years and have earned the right to say it’s damned boring (Which it is).

Anyways sorry I got aggravated it’s just frustration with recent developments with budgets and everything else at the club. It feels like it’s being run into the ground whilst people defend everything and refuse to see the prospect of yet more failure and worse.

No no Billy, don’t complain. You’re not allowed to complain about the style. Go and watch City instead
Complain that it's poor football don't complain that a style is boring if it's winning games. Ours isn't you said you wouldn't watch us if we where top of the league playing hoofball.

Side note, what I wouldn’t give to be watching the football from Neil’s first two seasons again. Most enjoyable time I’ve had going to North End bar watching McGeady

Pity some fans complained that the wingers had to do some defending and so it was boring
What could've been if Maguire had stayed fit and we'd actually bothered to replace Hugill.

My annoyance was you sending people to City, some fans have supported this club for years and have earned the right to say it’s damned boring (Which it is).

Anyways sorry I got aggravated it’s just frustration with recent developments with budgets and everything else at the club. It feels like it’s being run into the ground whilst people defend everything and refuse to see the prospect of yet more failure and worse.
The "fan" shouldn't demand a certain brand of football it shouldn't matter how we play aslong as we win games, if you support a team the size of Preston for the best football on the planet then it's never going to happen.

I'm in no way defending the way this circus is run but it winds me up when people think they are entitled to a certain brand of football, all that matters is winning games.

I would have thought that going from cheaper players because of a smaller budget to only loans and frees because of almost no budget would have given him a clue!
He's holding the strings that run from that Purse at the top, and using smoke & mirrors too.
He can fool some of the fans all of the time, and even all of the fans some of the time, but etc.etc.

were you at Stoke ffs!!!

The "fan" shouldn't demand a certain brand of football it shouldn't matter how we play aslong as we win games, if you support a team the size of Preston for the best football on the planet then it's never going to happen.

I'm in no way defending the way this circus is run but it winds me up when people think they are entitled to a certain brand of football, all that matters is winning games.
What about when you're repeatedly being told you're watching a certain brand of football when in fact it's absolutely nothing of the sort?

Dear me, not one person has demanded the best football on the planet but, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to have expected and enjoyed the same successes as our neighbours. If we are playing boring at least keep winning but we are not doing that either.

But we had entertaining football under Peters, Moyes, Davies and to a point Neil. Granted, none of it was exactly world-beating and none of us obviously expected it to be. It's not unreasonable to expect/want some entertaining football to a degree though.

'All that matters is winning games' - we're not winning games at home though and it's made all the more infuriating by some thoroughly turgid performances.

Dear me, not one person has demanded the best football on the planet but, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to have expected and enjoyed the same successes as our neighbours.
But Burnley did it playing hoofball with the player in question.

But we had entertaining football under Peters, Moyes, Davies and to a point Neil. Granted, none of it was exactly world-beating and none of us obviously expected it to be. It's not unreasonable to expect/want some entertaining football to a degree though.

'All that matters is winning games' - we're not winning games at home though and it's made all the more infuriating by some thoroughly turgid performances.
At no point have I said we are winning at home. All I am saying is would it matter if we played hoofball and won most of our matches. OB said he wouldn't watch us even if we where near the top and playing hoofball.

Status
Not open for further replies.