PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matchday Thread PNE v SPURS - 28/01/23 - KO:18:00 - FA Cup 4th Round

so what would you have done then?
When we played (a better) Arsenal, we could and should have been 3-0 up in the first 15 minutes and probably should have beat them over the 90. This game could have carried on for another week and we wouldn't have scored. This team is arguably the worst attacking side we have had at Deepdale in my 30 years of following the club. If that's the best Lowe can come up with and you are defending it, then it clearly shows how poor both the squad and our expectations have become.

We didn't even give it a good go.

Sad tactics, sad performance, sad team and right now a sad club.

Was only to be expected.

I didn’t go tonight, after the Norwich game I made that decision. I’m a season ticket holder and have followed North End for 60 years, but this home set up is painful.

It hurt me doing that, but I’m so pissed off with these home performances.

We played better than expected, and Son was the real difference, but we have nothing from midfield going forwards, no threat at all, the 2 forwards had nothing to work with.

Needs some real changes to our home tactics.

Disappointing but it took a moment of brilliance from a genuinely world class player to get past us. We had no imagination on the few occasions we had possession in their half. Both Brady and Browne good defensively but poor going forward. Ledson played well in the first half. By the time Johnson got on it was too late. But at least we won an FA Cup match this season. Still every possibility of teaching the play-offs.

Genuinely baffled how Browne is taking so much flak tonight. The WHOLE team was fucking grim going forward and passing, Browne wasn't even the worst culprit for it. He was so good defensively, they decided to attack down our left for most of the game and that's where they got their chances for the most part.
Gets called shite for being suspect in his positioning, tackling and anticipation as RWB but gets zero credit for it tonight. Saw him glide past their players a few times tonight as well. Some of youse need to find a new scapegoat.

When we played (a better) Arsenal, we could and should have been 3-0 up in the first 15 minutes and probably should have beat them over the 90. This game could have carried on for another week and we wouldn't have scored. This team is arguably the worst attacking side we have had at Deepdale in my 30 years of following the club. If that's the best Lowe can come up with and you are defending it, then it clearly shows how poor both the squad and our expectations have become.

So how is the quality of our strikers Lowe's fault?

Shame ledson didn't stay with son....
He wasn't watching, moved away, gave son a few yards, invitation to strike a winner.
Was expecting a few tough tackles early on from him an a few others. It's all well an good keeping your shape which we did well first half but surely you gotta let them know they are in a game. Its a cup tie ffs!!

Defensively, we can't sustain the rigid 8-at-the-back for the full 90 minutes, so against any half-decent attack (and especially one with Son in it) we're going to concede as soon as everyone gets tired if not sooner.

And we were fucked as an attacking force as soon as Delap was cup-tied - we were never going to wring a goal out of that measly attack against Prem players. I even missed our shot on target.

It's count the cup money time (then put it away in the safe), and "on to the next one" in this thrilling season.

Genuinely baffled how Browne is taking so much flak tonight. The WHOLE team was fucking grim going forward and passing, Browne wasn't even the worst culprit for it. He was so good defensively, they decided to attack down our left for most of the game and that's where they got their chances for the most part.
Gets called shite for being suspect in his positioning, tackling and anticipation as RWB but gets zero credit for it tonight. Saw him glide past their players a few times tonight as well. Some of youse need to find a new scapegoat.
He was the worst by far

Indeed, not down to Browne but the fact the team didn’t even give it a go is what is unacceptable.

Was only to be expected.

I didn’t go tonight, after the Norwich game I made that decision. I’m a season ticket holder and have followed North End for 60 years, but this home set up is painful.

It hurt me doing that, but I’m so pissed off with these home performances.

We played better than expected, and Son was the real difference, but we have nothing from midfield going forwards, no threat at all, the 2 forwards had nothing to work with.

Needs some real changes to our home tactics.
Absolutely spot on although your slightly older than me , I almost think I posted that .👍😜