PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matchday Thread PNE v SPURS - 28/01/23 - KO:18:00 - FA Cup 4th Round

I would guess that quite a few of the Spurs starting 11 are paid individually about the same as our starting 11.
And people complain about defensive line ups 😂
I'm SO tired of hearing this excuse for playing without pride and not trying to win. Our budget, as decided by our mega rich owners, is less than most of the teams we face. How about we just give up and get relegated? We're supposed to be Proud Preston. Not, 'gave up without a whimper' Preston.

Was expecting a few tough tackles early on from him an a few others. It's all well an good keeping your shape which we did well first half but surely you gotta let them know they are in a game. Its a cup tie ffs!!
The most mild-mannered performance I've seen. Little, friendly pats on the back for the Prem boys after a foul. Absolute pussies this lot.

Was expecting a few tough tackles early on from him an a few others. It's all well an good keeping your shape which we did well first half but surely you gotta let them know they are in a game. Its a cup tie ffs!!
Same old shit from us FFS.....at least go at them like Oxford did v Arsenal! But no it's the same old shit served up... embarrassing and sick of it...
....sell the club and let's have new dynamic owners

Genuinely baffled how Browne is taking so much flak tonight. The WHOLE team was fucking grim going forward and passing, Browne wasn't even the worst culprit for it. He was so good defensively, they decided to attack down our left for most of the game and that's where they got their chances for the most part.
Gets called shite for being suspect in his positioning, tackling and anticipation as RWB but gets zero credit for it tonight. Saw him glide past their players a few times tonight as well. Some of youse need to find a new scapegoat.
Sorry Mrs Brown. He was toss. Some of his first ball deliveries were toss. And on occasions he looked like he knew he was having a shit game

In fact all of the players were

Toss.

Embarrassing Toss.

When we played (a better) Arsenal, we could and should have been 3-0 up in the first 15 minutes and probably should have beat them over the 90. This game could have carried on for another week and we wouldn't have scored. This team is arguably the worst attacking side we have had at Deepdale in my 30 years of following the club. If that's the best Lowe can come up with and you are defending it, then it clearly shows how poor both the squad and our expectations have become.
Absolutely. That was as big a lay down and die performance as you’ll ever see.

Obviously they have much better players but at least have a blinking go. We see games on tv were lower ranked sides have a right go at top division sides, they harry them, they get stuck in, they compete for the 50:50 balls, they create excitement. We only created excitement when we won a corner.

I was going to say other teams play their own way when they play top sides until I realised that tonight was our own way - defend and hope for a mistake at the back from the opposition. I’m on the edge of saying enough’s enough because I still haven’t enjoyed a game at Deepdale this season. It’s utterly appalling.

The worrying thing for me was once they'd scored there was no way we were going to get a result. As good as we were in the first half defensively we lack any sort of creativity going forward

Shame.

Son amazing player.
Didn't have enough going forward
Evans did his best - no support
Whiteman rusty
McCann anonymous
So many bad first touches and bad passes
Occasion got to many.
I’m not sure the occasion got to them. In my opinion they played like it wasn’t an occasion at all. Usually when players ‘let the occasion get to them you’ll find them throwing themselves in , being rash and over the top. What Lowe put out was a team that was cold and un exciting. A “dont get involved , do your job and we won’t get hammered and we might even Nick it ‘ team. There was no passion no threat , just a team and Playing to a plan that never matched the occasion. As fans we deserved so much better ..

Well............

It could have been worse.......

Let’s look at the positives.......🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Genuinely baffled how Browne is taking so much flak tonight. The WHOLE team was fucking grim going forward and passing, Browne wasn't even the worst culprit for it. He was so good defensively, they decided to attack down our left for most of the game and that's where they got their chances for the most part.
Gets called shite for being suspect in his positioning, tackling and anticipation as RWB but gets zero credit for it tonight. Saw him glide past their players a few times tonight as well. Some of youse need to find a new scapegoat.
Browne was good at least the first 45 minutes and probably up until about the hour - until he tired. The utterly anonymous Whiteman and Hollywood ight as well not have turned up.

Indeed, not down to Browne but the fact the team didn’t even give it a go is what is unacceptable.
But they did give it a go as best they could. The difference on quality between an average championship side and a second string top six premier leaque side is massive. Son alone musy be worth ten times our first eleven. Conte vs Lowe. I think a bit of perspective is required.

Just a quick one

Thought you were going to do a smash and grab on us after your well organised defensive first half performance.

Obviously Son's worldie changed the game.

Good luck for the rest of the season.
Told you we were shite at home