PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matchday Thread PNE v SPURS - 28/01/23 - KO:18:00 - FA Cup 4th Round

Disappointing but it took a moment of brilliance from a genuinely world class player to get past us. We had no imagination on the few occasions we had possession in their half. Both Brady and Browne good defensively but poor going forward. Ledson played well in the first half. By the time Johnson got on it was too late. But at least we won an FA Cup match this season. Still every possibility of teaching the play-offs.
It was too late but I’m struggling to remember him touching the ball.

Son scored two quality goals from nothing.

Whilst today can be taken in isolation given the opposition we need to add someone creative and a rwb to get anywhere.

Had a row with someone about the regime.

Magic of the cup.

Just a quick one

Thought you were going to do a smash and grab on us after your well organised defensive first half performance.

Obviously Son's worldie changed the game.

Good luck for the rest of the season.
We were so sterile as always at home....it's so predictably and boring....you cruised it pal

Absolutely. That was as big a lay down and die performance as you’ll ever see.

Obviously they have much better players but at least have a blinking go. We see games on tv were lower ranked sides have a right go at top division sides, they harry them, they get stuck in, they compete for the 50:50 balls, they create excitement. We only created excitement when we won a corner.

I was going to say other teams play their own way when they play top sides until I realised that tonight was our own way - defend and hope for a mistake at the back from the opposition. I’m on the edge of saying enough’s enough because I still haven’t enjoyed a game at Deepdale this season. It’s utterly appalling.
100% this although I've already had enough, hence I wasn't there and doubt I will be again this season.

People saying "have a go" must have surely been watching us at home for at least some of the season. We haven't won a game at home since November 1st. In those games can anyone actually think of any particular moment that stood out from us offensively?

We have been absolutely clueless at home for a long time. Expecting the team to suddenly turn on the attacking style was never going to happen.

Part of that is Mr Lowes fault with his so called "brand" (scoffs) most of it is the owners and their little pet fiddling while Rome burns.

Could very easily not see another home win this season. It's just depressing. Ah well on to next Saturday 🤣🤣

If you go down the Leagues, most every team will have one, two or three proper footballers that have touch, balance and an ability to find a bit of space. They are generally the players that get crowds through the turnstiles The distinguishing factor that consigns some to lower divisions is pace. But you need them to threaten the opposition. The alternative is to regiment a team to play a certain way rigidly so that you obtain sufficient points overall to punch above your weight. The flair players you might have like DJ get consigned to the bench as they threaten the shape you've imposed. . Youll never excite but your organisation will on average win more games than they lose against teams without that degree of strict organisation. Thats PNE for me. Dull, monotone and playing percentages

Last edited: