PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matchday Thread PNE v SPURS - 28/01/23 - KO:18:00 - FA Cup 4th Round

People saying "have a go" must have surely been watching us at home for at least some of the season. We haven't won a game at home since November 1st. In those games can anyone actually think of any particular moment that stood out from us offensively?

We have been absolutely clueless at home for a long time. Expecting the team to suddenly turn on the attacking style was never going to happen.

Part of that is Mr Lowes fault with his so called "brand" (scoffs) most of it is the owners and their little pet fiddling while Rome burns.

Could very easily not see another home win this season. It's just depressing. Ah well on to next Saturday 🤣🤣
I’d settle for a game that I enjoy!

We worked hard, we were very organised......but......

We are now Preston Negative Everytime.

Midfielders get a pass, nearly everytime they check back, let’s hope it changes soon.

But the other season we Anthony Gordon who didn’t do a thing here, just purchased by Newcastle for £40 million..... is it us ??????

If you go down the Leagues, most every team will have one, two or three proper footballers that have touch, balance and an ability to find a bit of space. They are generally the players that get crowds through the turnstiles The distinguishing factor that consigns some to lower divisions is pace. But you need them to threaten the opposition. The alternative is to regiment a team to play a certain way rigidly so that you obtain sufficient points overall to punch above your weight. The flair players you might have like DJ get consigned to the bench as they threaten the shape you've imposed. . Youll never excite but your organisation will on average win more games than they lose against teams without that degree if strict organisation. Thats PNE for me. Dull, monotone and playing percentages
Very good post.

But they did give it a go as best they could. The difference on quality between an average championship side and a second string top six premier leaque side is massive. Son alone musy be worth ten times our first eleven. Conte vs Lowe. I think a bit of perspective is required.
That would be true if this was just tonight. We have been absolutely gash at home for some time now

Pathetic really, didn't expect to win but at least be physical and make it uncomfortable for them, we didn't lay a glove on them, Browne defended brilliantly but like the rest offered nothing going forwards, apart from Evans who will probably end up being our player of the season.

Seriously though, what a soft performance, no fouls really, players patting eachother on the back, garbage.

He was our best defender and pushed us up the pitch, but he's frustratingly bad on the ball.
Thing is, you can only do so much by yourself. There were a few times where he's gone on a dribble, pushed us up the pitch, and there is zero support. For me the issue is more so the fact we just do not commit to attack as a team. No midfielders pushed up with him at any point today, forcing us to go back. Yes his crossing was third rate, no one will disagree but he's anything but bad in the ball imo.

Was only to be expected.

I didn’t go tonight, after the Norwich game I made that decision. I’m a season ticket holder and have followed North End for 60 years, but this home set up is painful.

It hurt me doing that, but I’m so pissed off with these home performances.

We played better than expected, and Son was the real difference, but we have nothing from midfield going forwards, no threat at all, the 2 forwards had nothing to work with.

Needs some real changes to our home tactics.

Made the same decision to watch on TV, absolutely no surprises, for all the flag waving, yet another instantly forgettable North End cup performance.

We worked hard, we were very organised......but......

We are now Preston Negative Everytime.

Midfielders get a pass, nearly everytime they check back, let’s hope it changes soon.

But the other season we Anthony Gordon who didn’t do a thing here, just purchased by Newcastle for £40 million..... is it us ??????
You sound surprised.

Thing is, you can only do so much by yourself. There were a few times where he's gone on a dribble, pushed us up the pitch, and there is zero support. For me the issue is more so the fact we just do not commit to attack as a team. No midfielders pushed up with him at any point today, forcing us to go back. Yes his crossing was third rate, no one will disagree but he's anything but bad in the ball imo.
I'm basing this on watching him for years, he's a shocking passer of the ball.

Ah well out the cup to average Spuds except for Son and a nice game against in form Bristol City to look forward too, oh the joy.

If you go down the Leagues, most every team will have one, two or three proper footballers that have touch, balance and an ability to find a bit of space. They are generally the players that get crowds through the turnstiles The distinguishing factor that consigns some to lower divisions is pace. But you need them to threaten the opposition. The alternative is to regiment a team to play a certain way rigidly so that you obtain sufficient points overall to punch above your weight. The flair players you might have like DJ get consigned to the bench as they threaten the shape you've imposed. . Youll never excite but your organisation will on average win more games than they lose against teams without that degree if strict organisation. Thats PNE for me. Dull, monotone and playing percentages
Spot on 👍👏

Not sure what game you were at. This link might be of assistance.

When oddball away fans appear on a PNE forum, it’s safe to presume they aren’t wanted on their own clubs.

I reckon Voldemort is on the Spurs forum discussing the gems in their youth academy as we speak.

I'm basing this on watching him for years, he's a shocking passer of the ball.