PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matchday Thread Stoke City v PNE - 2/09/23 - KO:3PM - Championship

I’m not bothered/concerned about the lack of coverage or recognition, but it does make you chuckle when it’s that obvious.

There’s a strong narrative for us if we were to continue this form - one of two founder members of the league yet to get to the Premier League, the first club to do the league/cup double and the first club to go unbeaten in a league season.

There’s now only us and Birmingham who are unbeaten and we have one of the best goal differences behind only Norwich, yet they have conceded 8. Of course still very early days, we need to be tested against the top 6.

I’m not bothered/concerned about the lack of coverage or recognition, but it does make you chuckle when it’s that obvious.

There’s a strong narrative for us if we were to continue this form - one of two founder members of the league yet to get to the Premier League, the first club to do the league/cup double and the first club to go unbeaten in a league season.

There’s now only us and Birmingham who are unbeaten and we have one of the best goal differences behind only Norwich, yet they have conceded 8. Of course still very early days, we need to be tested against the top 6.
Sunderland and possibly Stoke may yet be top six. We did win at Coventry and Luton last season who both made the play off final.
I realise though that beating the top six about 15 games in is more difficult.

Bristol City and/or Sunderland could be sitting in a top 6 position if they hadn't played us. In fact I'd predict Sunderland making the play-offs.

Sunderland and possibly Stoke may yet be top six. We did win at Coventry and Luton last season who both made the play off final.
I realise though that beating the top six about 15 games in is more difficult.
Agreed, there’s a few other teams that will be in and around it as well - could well end up on goal difference with the amount of teams potentially involved. Sunderland showing what they are capable of and you’d think Stoke will get it together at some point with the players they’ve bought. Leicester seem too good to not be outside the top 6, the list goes on - still makes what we’ve achieved so far even more impressive.

Agreed, there’s a few other teams that will be in and around it as well - could well end up on goal difference with the amount of teams potentially involved. Sunderland showing what they are capable of and you’d think Stoke will get it together at some point with the players they’ve bought. Leicester seem too good to not be outside the top 6, the list goes on - still makes what we’ve achieved so far even more impressive.
One of the key things is that we need to continue to be resilient. Last season we started with a ridiculous number of 0-0’s. This season we’ve turned those draws into wins.
Later on last season we were anything but resilient so we mustn’t follow that path again.

One of the key things is that we need to continue to be resilient. Last season we started with a ridiculous number of 0-0’s. This season we’ve turned those draws into wins.
Later on last season we were anything but resilient so we mustn’t follow that path again.
Scored in every game so far this season whereas last season after 5 games we’d only scored in 1 game probably.

First 35 seconds, Potts dropped his left shoulder and came inside his marker going past and between their fullback and Pearson who took him out deliberately. Yellow card and Ben had to be on his best behaviour from then on. For the last 3 weeks Brad Potts has actually been dribbling forwards. Have we got a new coach or instructions ?

First 35 seconds, Potts dropped his left shoulder and came inside his marker going past and between their fullback and Pearson who took him out deliberately. Yellow card and Ben had to be on his best behaviour from then on. For the last 3 weeks Brad Potts has actually been dribbling forwards. Have we got a new coach or instructions ?
I just think Brad Potts is in his absolute prime at the moment and he’s deceptively quick….really hope he stays fit because he’s going to make a big impact this season I reckon.

I just think Brad Potts is in his absolute prime at the moment and he’s deceptively quick….really hope he stays fit because he’s going to make a big impact this season I reckon.
Talking of players in their prime, I saw a post by a Stoke fan on their forum complaining that they made Liam Lindsay look “prime Franco Baresi”……….😁