PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

January 2024 : Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I get a refund on my season ticket , the rest of the season is pointless ( well I hope it’s not literally but it definitely feels that way) . another four months of watching Lowe’s shite tactics, the club’s neglect of any type of progression or any plan to take the club forward and the complete disregard of the fans the silence from them is deafening.
I personally am not even sure if I will go on Saturday or the rest of the season unless something changes Lowe being sacked would definitely be a start . After 50 years plus watching North End I don’t think I’ve felt more apathetic towards the club . As for getting a Season ticket next year not a chance .

In fairness that’s a cracking marketing plan. I bet they’d sell way more half season tickets that expire in December than they do for the other half of the season.

Get that whiteboard out and get brain storming Peter, get those catchy slogans ready for for the 24/25 campaign

“It’ll be lonely (after) this Christmas”
“Half-arsed”
“Eligible for parole after serving half your sentence”

You don't offer an argument. You don't have one. You reply to my posts without referring to their point or context. And then repeat your same simplistic statement. That's not an argument.

Yeah the maths aren't even difficult...

Dolan:
65 league starts

Ten years of PNE scholars:
Earl 56 league starts
Best 8 league starts
Rest of them 0
Didn’t ask for an arguement, my initial post is below in bold underline, which you replied to by saying these words. “But Danielson won't accept it's laughable that that same summer we gave Harrop an extra two years” I suggest you learn to read

Really laughable that, hes not even a regular in a team we are ahead of in the league.

Harrow was a big mistake but it would have been worse if we’d done the same fro Dolan

I'd be happy to sign anyone today just to have that feeling of what it's like to actually sign a player 🤣 And yes I know that ain't happening!

It's become a chore going on PNE. Unless there is some sort of big change (new manager? a proper plan?) season ticket sales and attendances are going to plummet next season. It's just so bloody boring watching PNE!

Plenty said exactly the same a little bit later than this last season. And then we all went running back to the ticket office like little Lemmings.

I maintain we have the squad to play entertaining football. We might not win all the time because of various frailties, but it could be so much better on that pitch.

A new manager and there'll probably be very few who don't renew if they come out with the same pricing structure again.

My God can you believe it's only a matter of months ago that the Town End was bouncing and looking resplendent with all the flags out. The powers that be must be able to see what everyone else does.

Didn’t ask for an arguement, my initial post is below in bold underline, which you replied to by saying these words. “But Danielson won't accept it's laughable that that same summer we gave Harrop an extra two years” I suggest you learn to read

Really laughable that, hes not even a regular in a team we are ahead of in the league.

Harrow was a big mistake but it would have been worse if we’d done the same fro Dolan

But the underlined points are idiotic.

Dolan has proven to be a far better player at this level, and would have cost significantly less. In no world would that have been -worse-.

I dunno about you Ron but I'm not exactly thrilled at the idea of having Storey, Lindsay, Hughes as our first choice backline. And Browne, Whiteman, McCann, Ledson as four key midfield options. And Potts and Brady as wingbacks.

But right now that's what we have. And by the looks of it'll be the same next season too. And maybe the season after that if we carry on like we are.

My ideal scenario would have been a total change of direction in terms of recruitment, so we don't keep persisting with crafting one of the oldest squads in the division.

I'm not particularly assed if Brown stays or leaves. That's not a stick to beat the club with. It's my honest opinion.

If we had a load of saleable assets then giving Browne a million a year for X amount of years would be more palatable to me.

But we don't - we have about five saleable assets and none of them have exactly pulled up trees this season. I don't think we could even get back what we paid for Osmajić or Mads right now.

Whilst you look at Plymouth with Whittaker on 15 goals, turning down an big offer from Lazio for a guy they paid £1m six months ago.

So we have to use our meagre resources better or every fucking season we will be talking about FFP.

Out recruitment and playing style has just not been joined up thinking. We're building a retirement home. Not a progressive football club. Maybe a 70+ year old would be happy with that. But I'm not.
We are resigned to losing morgs but don't think it will be this window. The clubs perspective is that we are not in a position where we need to do a firesale and with the difference between league ones finance's and championship finance next season being upwards of 10 million we would just be giving him away should we be relegated without him. Other clubs are quoting 25 to 30 million for players with similar goal scoring record. At the end of the season he could be the winner as leading goalscorer and we could and should expect similar figures which we see players going for.

But the underlined points are idiotic.

Dolan has proven to be a far better player at this level, and would have cost significantly less. In no world would that have been -worse-.
I have given up. He struggles with the definitions of the word "argument", which is a pretty big problem on a forum.

Danielson offers anything but "a coherent series of reasons, statements, or facts intended to support or establish a point of view".

But, as a fully paid up member of the Ridsdale cheerleading club that isn't much of a surprise.

You were using Dolan as an example of a product we shouldn’t have let go, I was arguing the other way, which you don’t like due to probably some unresolved child hood issue.

I know our academy hasn’t been good enough, hopefully things will change.

Locally though I think we face more challenges to run an academy than you understand.
Ridsdale could torch the academy to the ground leaving it in fire and ash, and you'd be on here playing devil's advocate (as you do with eveeeerrrything else) that there was probably a really good reason for the arson attack.

More challenges than I understand?

I made a pretty simple statement. Dolan has more championship league starts than ten years worth of PNE academy scholars.

What possible challenges could ever lead to a championship club having such a ludicrously low success rate over a whole decade?

Its a fucking disgrace Ron. And you know it.

I think there will be a lot of grumpy retired codgers posting today
How jolly rude , but you are probably right @rem

As it happens , I’m off to the flix at 1pm so I’m gonna miss all our incomings ! :LOL:

Ridsdale could torch the academy to the ground leaving it in fire and ash, and you'd be on here playing devil's advocate (as you do with eveeeerrrything else) that there was probably a really good reason for the arson attack.

More challenges than I understand?

I made a pretty simple statement. Dolan has more championship league starts than ten years worth of PNE academy scholars.

What possible challenges could ever lead to a championship club having such a ludicrously low success rate over a whole decade?

Its a fucking disgrace Ron. And you know it.

Not at all, I've agreed with you on some points during our recent duel so not really playing the devils advocate that's just a weak as piss defence agaaaaiin.

Have you been down to the academy recently? I have due to my nephew and cousins lad being on the books there, it's quite interesting talking to the people involved coaches, parents etc and gives another perspective.

Yes I'm not disagreeing about the league starts, but I'm arguing his output, unless we can get promoted from the Championship on academy league starts alone? Or are you refuting the point that it doesn't matter what Dolan has produced (assists and goals) or just choosing to ignore it because it dilutes your stick to beat the club with. I would have had Dolan here over Harrop 100% but it's happened and we should move on.

Obviously I would love academy graduates and youth littered throughout the team (if they're good enough) but in some cases that requires patience which the fan base don't have and bigger clubs not just coming along and cherry picking our youth, you do realise that happens regularly that we don't hear about?

I mean I'm not really for spending time and money investing in youth team players for the bigger boys to come calling and taking them without recourse. On that point Man U have tried for my nephew and Liverpool have tried numerous times for my cousins lad, it's only due to the parents they've not gone, most parents however move the kids without question, what a great way to invest time and money.

For reference other local clubs (apart from Blackburn) don't have a plethora of youth talent in their starting line up, why do you think that is?

This youth point you keep raising is incredibly boring and you talk like it's an overnight fix when in essence it will take a lot of time to sort it out, but the inclusion of Mawene, Best, FRG, FCA, Sears, Pradic and others shows that maybe things are changing, just maybe not at the pace you want or you don't want to admit because it's another stick removed from your arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.