PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

January 2024 : Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all, I've agreed with you on some points during our recent duel so not really playing the devils advocate that's just a weak as piss defence agaaaaiin.

Have you been down to the academy recently? I have due to my nephew and cousins lad being on the books there, it's quite interesting talking to the people involved coaches, parents etc and gives another perspective.

Yes I'm not disagreeing about the league starts, but I'm arguing his output, unless we can get promoted from the Championship on academy league starts alone? Or are you refuting the point that it doesn't matter what Dolan has produced (assists and goals) or just choosing to ignore it because it dilutes your stick to beat the club with. I would have had Dolan here over Harrop 100% but it's happened and we should move on.

Obviously I would love academy graduates and youth littered throughout the team (if they're good enough) but in some cases that requires patience which the fan base don't have and bigger clubs not just coming along and cherry picking our youth, you do realise that happens regularly that we don't hear about?

I mean I'm not really for spending time and money investing in youth team players for the bigger boys to come calling and taking them without recourse. On that point Man U have tried for my nephew and Liverpool have tried numerous times for my cousins lad, it's only due to the parents they've not gone, most parents however move the kids without question, what a great way to invest time and money.

For reference other local clubs (apart from Blackburn) don't have a plethora of youth talent in their starting line up, why do you think that is?

This youth point you keep raising is incredibly boring and you talk like it's an overnight fix when in essence it will take a lot of time to sort it out, but the inclusion of Mawene, Best, FRG, FCA, Sears, Pradic and others shows that maybe things are changing, just maybe not at the pace you want or you don't want to admit because it's another stick removed from your arsenal.
Ah, Ron says he's not playing devil's advocate. Then proceeds to play devil's advocate.

"That youth point is incredibly boring".

Yes, it might be to people who don't like hearing the truth, who want it kicked under the carpet and pretend it's not been a disaster.

The kinda people who can hold a straight face while saying things like "maybe not at the pace you want" when defending a DECADE long period of total failure.

Your nephew's kid will never start for us. He's wasting his time. Much like I am, reading your bullshit posts.

Enjoy the rest of deadline day - truly is the new dawn you predicted under Craig and Peter isn't it.

Ah, Ron says he's not playing devil's advocate. Then proceeds to play devil's advocate.

"That youth point is incredibly boring".

Yes, it might be to people who don't like hearing the truth, who want it kicked under the carpet and pretend it's not been a disaster.

The kinda people who can hold a straight face while saying things like "maybe not at the pace you want" when defending a DECADE long period of total failure.

Your nephew's kid will never start for us. He's wasting his time. Much like I am, reading your bullshit posts.

Enjoy the rest of deadline day - truly is the new dawn you predicted under Craig and Peter isn't it.

Not really as again I have agreed with you on stuff, here's the definition of Devil's Advocate for you LINK, if you could read that and learn from it then that would be good for all parties.

I see you removed the "keep raising" point, if you're resorting to manipulating posts to make a point then desperation really is setting in.

I agree it hasn't been good enough, I wouldn't quite put it as a disaster but we will agree to disagree on that one.

You fail to mention the likes of FRG, Mawene, Leigh, Seary, Pradic and Best x 2 coming through but that doesn't exactly backup your point does it, youth takes time to come through especially when it has been overlooked for so long, maybe employ some forward thinking to see our policy is hopefully starting to change. But that would mean you'd have to eat some humble pie which your ego won't allow you to do, got to save face on the online forum and all that.

I mean you can look back over the last 10 years or go further (change the timeline to suit your point) and see the likes off Brownhill, Davies, Slater, Wright, Earl etc coming from the youth and either being sold or getting minutes. Not good and could always be improved upon but not a disaster.

You just make it out that it's as simple as "invest in youth" completely ignoring other factors at play outside the control of pure monetary investment, but maybe that's the reason why we have people running our academy and you're sat crying behind a keyboard about it.

Still see you refuse to talk about other academies because it doesn't back up your point. You're lashing out constantly now instead of debating the points and just ignoring any new information that comes your way, much like your nemesis Peter, you deserve each other if you ever met.

Last point, just forgetting Summer are we? Or did we regularly shop in the foreign market and break our transfer record under Trevor?

I'd stick to football manager fella.

We look on here expecting a mega signing to brighten our football gloom.

Depression prevails..... although we sit here in a higher position than all of our local rivals with the exception of Bumley, and bearing in mind the Plastics, Lashers, Horwich Wanderers and Pie Eaters have all had a bigger fall from recent glory.

We continue with our huge expectations as a loss making club being extremely unhappy with our owners who are pumping in many millions every season to keep us solvent, what a load of useless tosspots these billionaires are 🙄😂😂.

Much of football is in financial crisis and turmoil apart from the very rich ( and Brentford, Brighton, Bournemouth and Luton of course ) with shady dealings offshore amongst some which time will uncover but the authorities struggle with currently.

Is it that all over the country our sad lives as footy fans leaves us clinging on to our club camaraderie like religious fanatics completely ignoring the simple realities of the financial tightrope most clubs are walking to achieve virtually impossible success?

Having said that I’m still looking forwards to Saturday thinking we can get a result against the Tractor Boys.

Just saying like.....

We haven't signed anybody but we have kept our captain - now we have to get on with the rest of the season.

Not really as again I have agreed with you on stuff, here's the definition of Devil's Advocate for you LINK, if you could read that and learn from it then that would be good for all parties.

I see you removed the "keep raising" point, if you're resorting to manipulating posts to make a point then desperation really is setting in.

I agree it hasn't been good enough, I wouldn't quite put it as a disaster but we will agree to disagree on that one.

You fail to mention the likes of FRG, Mawene, Leigh, Seary, Pradic and Best x 2 coming through but that doesn't exactly backup your point does it, youth takes time to come through especially when it has been overlooked for so long, maybe employ some forward thinking to see our policy is hopefully starting to change. But that would mean you'd have to eat some humble pie which your ego won't allow you to do, got to save face on the online forum and all that.

I mean you can look back over the last 10 years or go further (change the timeline to suit your point) and see the likes off Brownhill, Davies, Slater, Wright, Earl etc coming from the youth and either being sold or getting minutes. Not good and could always be improved upon but not a disaster.

You just make it out that it's as simple as "invest in youth" completely ignoring other factors at play outside the control of pure monetary investment, but maybe that's the reason why we have people running our academy and you're sat crying behind a keyboard about it.

Still see you refuse to talk about other academies because it doesn't back up your point. You're lashing out constantly now instead of debating the points and just ignoring any new information that comes your way, much like your nemesis Peter, you deserve each other if you ever met.

Last point, just forgetting Summer are we? Or did we regularly shop in the foreign market and break our transfer record under Trevor?

I'd stick to football manager fella.
Ron you use the position of devils advocate all the fucking time and you do so to cause arguments on here about any topic you fancy.

Because you often agree with a posters opinion but choose to defend the opposing argument anyway. Because you're an argumentive prick.

"wouldn't quite put it as a disaster"

If two scholars making league starts in a whole decade isn't seen as a disaster, I'm not sure what you would deem one? Zero players in a decade?

"You fail to mention the likes of FRG, Mawene, Leigh, Seary, Pradic and Best x 2 coming through"

I included Best in my two players in a decade. Not sure why I'd mention other guys who have never started a league game, in a post talking about guys who have started a league game.

"Youth takes time to come through"

It doesn't take a decade Ronny.

"you can look back over the last 10 years or go further (change the timeline to suit your point)"

I'm looking at the period directly impacted by Riddlers decision to downgrade the academy to Cat 3.

"You just make it out that it's as simple as "invest in youth" completely ignoring other factors"

We play at poxy Youth Alliance level which includes some non league sides. No other championship team is in our league. Asking for a Cat 2 academy isn't exactly asking for much.

"Still see you refuse to talk about other academies because it doesn't back up your point"

I've spoken at length previously about other championship academies. From Blackburn, to Coventry to Bristol. Their setups completely back up my point.

"Last point, just forgetting Summer are we? Or did we regularly shop in the foreign market and break our transfer record under Trevor?"

We signed Riis dummy. We were already looking at foreign markets before last summer. The fact is you said it'd be so much different without Trevor.

But, here we are crying about FFP again, signing ZERO players in January. With you band leader of the cheer leading dummies telling us how great it is. Lemme guess - we just need.. patience. Right?

Stick to brown-nosing Riddler. And stop replying to my posts with your utter garbage.

Still quite baffled to how we’ve decided to keep youth players with the first team and not sent them out on loan to get much needed gametime like Leigh.

Unsure what happened with Stewart as that seemed nailed on to happen, potentially he’ll get his chance but whether he will is a different thing.

"wouldn't quite put it as a disaster"

If two scholars making league starts in a whole decade isn't seen as a disaster, I'm not sure what you would deem one? Zero players in a decade?

"You fail to mention the likes of FRG, Mawene, Leigh, Seary, Pradic and Best x 2 coming through"

I included Best in my two players in a decade. Not sure why I'd mention other guys who have never started a league game, in a post talking about guys who have started a league game.

"Youth takes time to come through"

It doesn't take a decade Ronny.

"you can look back over the last 10 years or go further (change the timeline to suit your point)"

I'm looking at the period directly impacted by Riddlers decision to downgrade the academy to Cat 3.

"You just make it out that it's as simple as "invest in youth" completely ignoring other factors"

We play at poxy Youth Alliance level which includes some non league sides. No other championship team is in our league. Asking for a Cat 2 academy isn't exactly asking for much.

"Still see you refuse to talk about other academies because it doesn't back up your point"

I've spoken at length previously about other championship academies. From Blackburn, to Coventry to Bristol. Their setups completely back up my point.

"Last point, just forgetting Summer are we? Or did we regularly shop in the foreign market and break our transfer record under Trevor?"

We signed Riis dummy. We were already looking at foreign markets before last summer. The fact is you said it'd be so much different without Trevor.

But, here we are crying about FFP again, signing ZERO players in January. With you band leader of the cheer leading dummies telling us how great it is. Lemme guess - we just need.. patience. Right?

Stick to brown-nosing Riddler. And stop replying to my posts with your utter garbage.

Again you're changing the goal posts to suite your argument, as there's no changing that because you can't give up your toy sorry stick like a child we'll just leave it at that one.

It takes time to come through after the academy has been ripped up (a very poor cost saving decision), we weren't exactly the greatest youth promoters before that either.

Answer me this, we have a crap academy, not properly utilised or invested in for the last decade until potentially recently, now its being utilised how quickly do you expect to see results or to be happy with those results so you stop boring us all to death and spamming this shite every time you surface once something is wrong with North End?

Do you expect overnight results? Or how about instant? You tell us, you talk like it's an instant quick fix, you're the one with the problem here and now, give us the timelines and solutions.

Agreed I'd have us on a Cat 2 academy no disputing that, does that happen overnight in Dreyfus's world?

All 3 mentioned haven't exactly blown us out of the water when it comes to league position/promotion, but does catchment area for them not matter?

On Riis, one signing and that was once in about 20 years under Trevors ownership, not exactly backing up your point but I didn't say much different, again let's not removing and adding words to make a poor point suit.

Answer me this on FFP, how would you sign players when close to it? Here and now, how would you do it? Because if you question it like you have you have to be able to offer a solution. No going back on sales, no contract renewals from 10 years ago, how would you do it today?

I'm not brown nosing PR, I think he is old and not fit for the role, you stop cutting his legs off all the time and living in a fantasy land whilst he is in the role and I'm sure we'd get along a lot better.

There’s still time for Browne to go today..

Doubt it.

As much as people have this belief that every team not called Leicester would have him in their squad, we rarely ever hear of anyone interested in him.

Not to say he's a bad player, and he's been on the whole very good over the last couple of seasons, but he's still overrated by a good chunk of the fanbase

Still quite baffled to how we’ve decided to keep youth players with the first team and not sent them out on loan to get much needed gametime like Leigh.

Unsure what happened with Stewart as that seemed nailed on to happen, potentially he’ll get his chance but whether he will is a different thing.
They're cheap squad fillers at this point. Won't get any game time and will hinder their development. But we're close to FFP don't you know, so no whining everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.