PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

January 2024 : Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubt it.

As much as people have this belief that every team not called Leicester would have him in their squad, we rarely ever hear of anyone interested in him.

Not to say he's a bad player, and he's been on the whole very good over the last couple of seasons, but he's still overrated by a good chunk of the fanbase
He's a good standard Championship midfielder, that's it. Of course PNE fans rate him highly, we're comparing him to players like Ledson.
There will be plenty of teams willing to pick him up on a free transfer but he won't be a key signing for anyone. More an experienced squad player I'd suggest.

We haven't signed anybody but we have kept our captain - now we have to get on with the rest of the season.

Yes got that wrong - you are right. Works both ways I suppose - still time for us to sign somebody.

They're cheap squad fillers at this point. Won't get any game time and will hinder their development. But we're close to FFP don't you know, so no whining everyone.
Yup, quit whining everyone. We simply don't appreciate the other factors at play.

It's not the club's fault we haven't sold anyone for big cash for nearly FIVE years. It's not the club's fault we have had a dysfunctional academy for TEN years.

It's not the club's fault we have built one of the oldest squads in the division. It's not the club's fault we've effectively given up on this season with our lack of January signings.

Head down to watch Ipswich on Saturday. A club who after just one season back at this level, refuse to consolidate in the mire of midtable.

Their fans might be having a fun time now but they'll obviously regret that decision one day.

hahaha, so they are pocketing the Wharton money and not signing anyone else? brilliant :ROFLMAO:

I reckon the money from Crystal Palace will be deposited to an account with the Bank of India - Venky's attempt at appeasing the Indian Government regarding cash outflows to overseas subsidiaries. Possibly that's the same rationale for pulling out of the deal for the US lad.

Unsure what happened with Stewart as that seemed nailed on to happen, potentially he’ll get his chance but whether he will is a different thing.
I think that the Ched injury is gonna keep him out longer than expected, hence we need to keep Stewart as cover…..

Lindsay alert. Keiffer Moore to Ipswich?
Lindsay does very well against players like that. He struggles with anyone with pace .

Overall , the window isn't an issue for me. We had a good summer one. Why I'm sick of pne is its the same old shite with youth policy, manager somehow has kept his job, I've finally given up on the PR issues and now I do feel he's part of the problem. It's just typical pne, we have a great start and can't build on it. We had a chance to pot Lowe after WBA and he's still here. The whole club is a giant ahit show IMHO and has been for about 35 years of my pne life. Apart from the fee good terms with Peters, Moyes Davies and Grayson, club has done nothing .

Have we had the social media post to not expect any deadline day movements yet?

Not at all, I've agreed with you on some points during our recent duel so not really playing the devils advocate that's just a weak as piss defence agaaaaiin.

Have you been down to the academy recently? I have due to my nephew and cousins lad being on the books there, it's quite interesting talking to the people involved coaches, parents etc and gives another perspective.

Yes I'm not disagreeing about the league starts, but I'm arguing his output, unless we can get promoted from the Championship on academy league starts alone? Or are you refuting the point that it doesn't matter what Dolan has produced (assists and goals) or just choosing to ignore it because it dilutes your stick to beat the club with. I would have had Dolan here over Harrop 100% but it's happened and we should move on.

Obviously I would love academy graduates and youth littered throughout the team (if they're good enough) but in some cases that requires patience which the fan base don't have and bigger clubs not just coming along and cherry picking our youth, you do realise that happens regularly that we don't hear about?

I mean I'm not really for spending time and money investing in youth team players for the bigger boys to come calling and taking them without recourse. On that point Man U have tried for my nephew and Liverpool have tried numerous times for my cousins lad, it's only due to the parents they've not gone, most parents however move the kids without question, what a great way to invest time and money.

For reference other local clubs (apart from Blackburn) don't have a plethora of youth talent in their starting line up, why do you think that is?

This youth point you keep raising is incredibly boring and you talk like it's an overnight fix when in essence it will take a lot of time to sort it out, but the inclusion of Mawene, Best, FRG, FCA, Sears, Pradic and others shows that maybe things are changing, just maybe not at the pace you want or you don't want to admit because it's another stick removed from your arsenal.

Is D'Artagnan your new alt Ron? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.