PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

CONFIRMED Noah Mawene signs new contract.

Any other former players have any of their kids coming through the youth system? The only other one that springs to mind was oscar o neil, not sure what happened to him?

No need to sign anyone to replace Woodburn, Mawene takes the slot in the squad. Think he will hugely kick on consistently playing alongside the likes of Mads and (hopefully) Browne.
Yeah. Don't bother replacing Woodburn and put his wages towards Millar. Mawene there as squad member with regular runouts, and then see how he goes.

Thought Noah did very well when he came on, didn’t look out of place at all.

Watching the interview with him and his brother, it’s clear Youl and his missus have done a fine job bringing those lads up - both seem very humble and ready to work hard. Proper credit to Youl.
And it feels very North End. What we are all about. I’d love to see the Mawenes kick on here with their Dad in the stands. Top family. I met Youl’s Dad a couple of times in Vannes where he worked. He approached me first as I had a North End shirt on to tell me who his son was. Lovely bloke, passed away now I think.

Yeah. Don't bother replacing Woodburn and put his wages towards Millar. Mawene there as squad member with regular runouts, and then see how he goes.

Tbh, we already replaced Woodburn when we got Holmes in. Mads/Holmes, Browne/McCann, Whiteman/Ledson. Signing Duane put us at one extra midfielder before we even looked at the young pros.

And it feels very North End. What we are all about. I’d love to see the Mawenes kick on here with their Dad in the stands. Top family. I met Youl’s Dad a couple of times in Vannes where he worked. He approached me first as I had a North End shirt on to tell me who his son was. Lovely bloke, passed away now I think.
I’d prefer to see Youl on the bench as our fitness coach.

Mads/Holmes

Holmes is not a central midfielder. He has some definite attributes - most obviously pace and energy and one thing at which he is very good and at which Millar is close to useless is getting the ball with his back to goal and a defender breathing down his neck but managing to turn and start running at the opposition. But his passing especially when he is running is poor, which is why his best option is to get past the defender on the outside and then cross the ball hard. In short he is the alternative to Potts and it is no accident that he played well yesterday wide on the right because that is where his attributes make him most effective.

Holmes is not a central midfielder. He has some definite attributes - most obviously pace and energy and one thing at which he is very good and at which Millar is close to useless is getting the ball with his back to goal and a defender breathing down his neck but managing to turn and start running at the opposition. But his passing especially when he is running is poor, which is why his best option is to get past the defender on the outside and then cross the ball hard. In short he is the alternative to Potts and it is no accident that he played well yesterday wide on the right because that is where his attributes make him most effective.

He's played most of his time for us as an attacking midfielder, hence why he was listed as a 10 with Mads. This is where he was in great firm at the start of the season.

He's not got the defensive nous to play as a wingback vs anyone other than a feeble Rotherham side.

He's played most of his time for us as an attacking midfielder, hence why he was listed as a 10 with Mads. This is where he was in great firm at the start of the season.

He's not got the defensive nous to play as a wingback vs anyone other than a feeble Rotherham side.

Fair enough but we all see things differently and though Holmes did bring his energy and running to the central midfield earlier in the season he all too often failed to exploit the situations they helped him create. I would rather see him running wide. He may well be back there tomorrow even if Millar is available - Holmes on the right and Millar on the left would I agree not be the most defensively capable pair of wing-backs but it would be full of attacking potential.

Fair enough but we all see things differently and though Holmes did bring his energy and running to the central midfield earlier in the season he all too often failed to exploit the situations they helped him create. I would rather see him running wide. He may well be back there tomorrow even if Millar is available - Holmes on the right and Millar on the left would I agree not be the most defensively capable pair of wing-backs but it would be full of attacking potential.

Think Holmes is lacking the trickery or raw pace to be an effective winger against better teams, these days. He was a good stopgap for that one match, but longterm, he's not a player of Millar's quality to justify having no defence.

Holmes is a top squad option. I don't think he'd let us down playing CM, AM, RWB, LWB, LM, RM, or even as a second striker.

Keeps his place at RWB for me. He was great regardless of the opposition.