PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

CONFIRMED Noah Mawene signs new contract.

There is a pathway, show in training you are better than the first team starting 11.
Agree, but that also depends upon how (really) open minded the Manager and coaching staff, really are.
And not just serving lip service to the ideal, when in reality they revert to the tried and trusted (or in Woodburn's case not even trusted).
It's one thing to put them on the bench as a 'sop' and another to intentionally play them for a good half hour, if needed.

Will likely have a couple of dead rubbers at the end of the season.

Think we gave Adrian Hughes a debut in such circumstances.

I got slagged off for suggesting that we wouldn’t make the play offs
9 games to go.

You weren't "slagged off". I said in reply "That's the spirit". Hardly a character assassination.

When it is mathematically impossible, then yes, blood them.

Looked good when he came on, just feel he needs to bulk up a bit to make it at this level, glad he got game time ahead of Woodburn today and hopefully that continues for the rest of the season.
My only worry is we saw something similar with O'Neill a few years ago, he got into the team at the end of the season then never got much of a chance after that and ended up being loaned into non league, hopefully we wont see that again with any of the current crop of young players

Looked good when he came on, just feel he needs to bulk up a bit to make it at this level, glad he got game time ahead of Woodburn today and hopefully that continues for the rest of the season.
My only worry is we saw something similar with O'Neill a few years ago, he got into the team at the end of the season then never got much of a chance after that and ended up being loaned into non league, hopefully we wont see that again with any of the current crop of young players
I think that Woodburn is finished at our club…… Mawene and Seary should get game time ahead of him.

I think Ben will move on in the summer, to someone like Wigan or Maybe Wrexham / Stockport…..

I think that Woodburn is finished at our club…… Mawene and Seary should get game time ahead of him.

I think Ben will move on in the summer, to someone like Wigan or Maybe Wrexham / Stockport…..
Fingers crossed Ando.

Don't often wish for players to move on but I'd put Woodburn in the Andy Smith category of North End players.

Brilliant by Noah today in the glimpse we saw, can see his potential. Very deserved to be pushing the first team and getting minutes.

Fingers crossed Ando.

Don't often wish for players to move on but I'd put Woodburn in the Andy Smith category of North End players.

Brilliant by Noah today in the glimpse we saw, can see his potential. Very deserved to be pushing the first team and getting minutes.

Harsh. At least Woodburn scored.

Was quite impressed when he came on honestly, hopefully he can spend the summer in the gym because as others have said, probably needs to bulk up to really compete at this level. Seems the future is bright for Noah if this cameo was anything to go by!

Thought Noah did very well when he came on, didn’t look out of place at all.

Watching the interview with him and his brother, it’s clear Youl and his missus have done a fine job bringing those lads up - both seem very humble and ready to work hard. Proper credit to Youl.