PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Israel/Palestine

What sanctions should we impose on Israel

• None.

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Heavy economic and political sanctions - not dissimilar to those v Russia

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • Notable sanctions but nothing as bad as those v Russia

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's what I am hoping it is, too - Iran seen to be doing something without really doing anything. Think they did the same a few years ago - bombing US airfields in Iraq as revenge for the US assassination of their general, but giving plenty of warning.

Yes, sabre-rattling rather than a serious attempt to precipitate Armageddon. Iran has little or no airforce, a drone attack is an aerial attack in slow motion.

I didn’t mention an embassy, I simply pointed out that Iran fund/support terror groups. Some of those terror groups have attacked an embassy.
Israel bombed an Iranian embassy, an absolute no no. does Iran have the right to defend itself?

US officials estimate a total of 400-500 drones and missiles will be launched towards Israel. Launched from Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Yemen and Iran.

Apparently the drones are set to arrive from approximately 11pm UK time.

Rumour is the Iranians have also launched Cruise Missiles to arrive at the same time as the drones to try and overwhelm the air defence systems.

IRNA source says Iran has launched wave of ballistic missiles​

Tehran has launched its first wave of ballistic missiles towards Israel, a source tells Iran's state news agency IRNA.
The missiles were fired at targets "deep" into the country, they add.
A graphic showing the range of Iran's ballistic missiles

Tehran has launched its first wave of ballistic missiles towards Israel, a source tells Iran's state news agency IRNA.
View attachment 20607
Boy would I like to bang some heads together, if it kicks off I would like to think I could get my grandson a one way ticket to a neutral country. Don't see why he should pay the price for the dickheads calling the shots

View attachment 20607
According to the NYT, Israeli intelligence and the Iranians both say they are targeting military installations in the Golan Heights and Negev Desert - and the Iranians have stated that they consider the matter closed after this. If true, that fits the sabre-rattling idea.

According to the NYT, Israeli intelligence and the Iranians both say they are targeting military installations in the Golan Heights and Negev Desert - and the Iranians have stated that they consider the matter closed after this. If true, that fits the sabre-rattling idea.

A bi-product of this will be a demonstration of the effectiveness of the Israeli 'Iron Dome' defence system.

Boy would I like to bang some heads together, if it kicks off I would like to think I could get my grandson a one way ticket to a neutral country. Don't see why he should pay the price for the dickheads calling the shots
I don't see why we are involved, I don't see German, French, Spanish or any other European nation's air-force, navy or military backing up the US and Israeli defences, why us? What reason do we have to be the third country involved in the defence of Israel. Do we do what the US tell us to do, are we under some sort of agreement of war, if the US tell us to defend Israel does that mean we have to do it?

We are like puppets and when the puppet master pulls the jump strings we jump, fucking ludicrous. The government should realise that the UK has a massive Muslim population, millions of young men not at all happy with the events taking place in the Middle East, I might be wrong, but I think the Muslims would side with the Arab nations before Israel and the US. I reckon if the government introduced conscription to back up any war against the Arab world, they would have a shock and find that many of the UK youth would tell the government to fuck off.

We don't live in a Britain where the working class youth, would be keen to go fight for King and Country, those days are gone, the youth of this country are no longer uneducated, poor and loyal to the monarchy, they don't stand up when the telly ends at night and the National Anthem is played. The government would find itself short of recruits, and would probably be confronted by an angry army of young people who would probably riot in the streets before donning a military uniform to go fight in a war they don't agree with. Those that rule can't expect to offer the young people a future where they can't afford to buy a house, a future where decent jobs are scarce, a future where young people feel they are ignored and not important and then expect those young people to become patriotic overnight.

Just getting word in ahead of Israel's next retaliation, I'm afraid. The matter isn't closed unless Israel agree, which they certainly won't.

US officials estimate a total of 400-500 drones and missiles will be launched towards Israel. Launched from Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Yemen and iran

The combination of scores of drones an cruise missiles is a hell of a lot of sabre rattling.

I find it gut-wrenching to hear Netanyahu thanking Britain. No doubt glorying in having us as his ally.
I find it gut-wrenching to hear twatface Sunak pontificating and standing staunchly by Israel - and annoying that our government, that had finally been losing patience with Israel, have now felt forced to fall back in behind them.
I find it gut wrenching to see Israeli leaders playing the victim.
But I kind of understand that MAYBE we shouldn’t just watch missiles rain down on Israel. I just don’t know. But then again, we shouldn’t have been standing by and letting bombs rain down on Gaza.
What a bloody mess.