PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Israel/Palestine

What sanctions should we impose on Israel

• None.

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Heavy economic and political sanctions - not dissimilar to those v Russia

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • Notable sanctions but nothing as bad as those v Russia

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
According to the NYT, Israeli intelligence and the Iranians both say they are targeting military installations in the Golan Heights and Negev Desert - and the Iranians have stated that they consider the matter closed after this. If true, that fits the sabre-rattling idea.
Willy waving. Nothing more.

I kind of agree but our getting involved by supporting a side is very likely to have serious consequences for ordinary people in this country.

We have not learnt a single lesson from the stupidity of Tony blairs actions in the middle East.

How can anyone support any side in the Middle East ?... It's a bloody mess and we shouldn't be anywhere near it. But vested interests ( not Joe Publics) will always prevail.

How can anyone support any side in the Middle East ?... It's a bloody mess and we shouldn't be anywhere near it. But vested interests ( not Joe Publics) will always prevail.
It is a mess but I wonder how much better it all would have been were it not for the wests vested interests in the area!

Said it from the start.

We need to look after our own people and our own security. We need a govt that leads by example, that focuses on making the U.K. a safe place to live.
Carry a knife = jail term
Incite hatred = jail term
Preach hatred = jail term/deportation

Talking to someone who knows recently and I asked him why we aren’t going after the people laundering coke money through the high street. It’s happening everywhere. Answer = there’s too much to do! Scotland’s new hate speech law is likely to tip their force over the edge if things continue the way they have since inception.

Anyway I digress.

Said it from the start.

We need to look after our own people and our own security. We need a govt that leads by example, that focuses on making the U.K. a safe place to live.

Talking to someone who knows recently and I asked him why we aren’t going after the people laundering coke money through the high street. It’s happening everywhere. Answer = there’s too much to do! Scotland’s new hate speech law is likely to tip their force over the edge if things continue the way they have since inception.

Anyway I digress.
I'll digress too

I can see the funny side of the hate speech law..... Next time Rangers play Celtic they'll be carting off 80,000 perps to join J K Rowling in the clink. :D

They'll not be happy till we're all dead.
It’s close to kicking off big time, what gets me though the U.K. and others managed to shoot down the drones Iran sent, could they not shoot down the missiles Israel are firing at Iran? To try and de escalate it? Would it de escalate it? It’s not looking good and I fear for my grandkids.

Said it from the start.

Anyway I digress.

Steady now! I've seen people online saying it's inciting hatred to simply outline statistics (normally racial-related ones which can be a touchy topic, such as in 2020/21 66% of people arrested in London were from minority ethnic groups).

It’s close to kicking off big time, what gets me though the U.K. and others managed to shoot down the drones Iran sent, could they not shoot down the missiles Israel are firing at Iran? To try and de escalate it? Would it de escalate it? It’s not looking good and I fear for my grandkids.

I don't think it is. Quite a lot of Middle Eastern countries were on " iffy " terms with Israel but accepted one another......... The very same Middle Eastern countries had given up with trying to reason with Hamas quite a while back.

I don't think it is. Quite a lot of Middle Eastern countries were on " iffy " terms with Israel but accepted one another......... The very same Middle Eastern countries had given up with trying to reason with Hamas quite a while back.
I think @northender0602 nailed it early on. Its willy waving Irans waving its willy at Israel and Israel is waving Biden and starmers willy at Iran