PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

AFC Wimbledon 18 years ago today

Ever since the franchise move to a roundabout in Milton Keynes, I've always had a soft spot for AFC Wimbledon and nothing less than disdain for the franchise. It worked out in the end, so maybe there is some justice!

You have to admire the hard work and perseverance of the guys who rose the phoenix club from the ashes. I really hope they get through Covid 19 unscathed. The icing on the cake would be for the franchise to go under. 😁

Got a soft spot for AFC, so much so I even bought a share of them when they were raising funds for their (now being built) new stadium at Plough Lane.

Ever since the franchise move to a roundabout in Milton Keynes, I've always had a soft spot for AFC Wimbledon and nothing less than disdain for the franchise. It worked out in the end, so maybe there is some justice!

You have to admire the hard work and perseverance of the guys who rose the phoenix club from the ashes. I really hope they get through Covid 19 unscathed. The icing on the cake would be for the franchise to go under. 😁

Exactly this. I know the guy who posted what I put above and used to see him posting everyday about what they were doing. Was a real labour of love for them and almost sad he chose to step back when it became more successful than I think they imagined