PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Black life in America

'A more mature conversation about Churchill' perhaps. Kids are taught about Oliver Cromwell in school and all the contradictions are presented for the kids to draw their own conclusions. Is it time to do that with Churchill and the Empire?

He had quite a lot in common with Adolf.....

His role as an imperialist pre WW2 without a doubt-had he been tried for war crimes-not sure if that was possible back then-he wouldn't have made it as far as WW2.
That article reviews a book which toys with the 2 ideas of what motivated him during WW2-defender of empire or did he recognise a bigger monster in Hitler? I'll confess I have only read articles on Churchill and watched a few tv documentaries about empire. The teaching when I was at school about empire was 100% one sided/1 dimensional. I might go and buy the book.

I've read it all on here now. Slagging of the man who saved the world from the Nazi's whilst hero worshipping a serious serial offender. There really is some extreme thinking on here, must be the deranged education system we seem to have. Thankfully the vast majority think like Joan and myself and the left wing morons get kicked into touch through the ballot box. Thank god for democracy.

I've read it all on here now. Slagging of the man who saved the world from the Nazi's whilst hero worshipping a serious serial offender. There really is some extreme thinking on here, must be the deranged education system we seem to have. Thankfully the vast majority think like Joan and myself and the left wing morons get kicked into touch through the ballot box. Thank god for democracy.
Read my post and the article I posted. What is the harm of people being presented with the full facts and then making their own minds up?

You think telling people what to think and feel is democracy?

Read my post and the article I posted. What is the harm of people being presented with the full facts and then making their own minds up?
But people aren't presented with the full facts on here because to many have agendas. Far to many obsessives on here for my liking, you can see it with how they keep banging on like the attack on Joan earlier and at all times of the night. The lack of football has obviously had a serious affect on some people's mental wellbeing.

Well all I can say Petey is that you know bugger all about him... Do a bit of reading.... As for " hero worshipping a serious serial offender " I can't even be bothered replying thicko. :)

May I say, I take responsibility for my own part in last nights debacle, though I didn’t call anyone names, apart from RVW I called a racist after being goaded about having a black best friend, that I hadn’t said. I stand by that, I think they are anti white people.

Now, not once have I been against the view that racism needs to be tackled, not once have I called anyone out for being any colour, any religion or any sexuality.

can I say women have been oppressed for centuries, beaten, murdered, enslaved, prostituted, humiliated, yet not one of you have seen anything wrong with me being called a “fat assed bitch” it seems that is all perfectly acceptable. Had that person RVW used a word to offend someone black or Asian or gay, the outcry would have been deafening but, I’m white and I’m a woman so its ok.

I suggest you all go and adjust your moral compasses and then come back to the rest of us and preach when you have truly understand the concept of an ism, because sexism is just as bloody rife,

So she calls me a "bloody racist" (how she came to that conclusion which by the way is 180 degrees away from the truth I have no idea) but you say nothing, but then go onto criticize me for apparently making assumptions? Hmmmmm. I was responding to a person, in this case Joan, who clearly can't get her head around just how important freedom to protest is in a democratic society. It isn't the BLM movement's fault that many have joined the marches etc to basically loot and rob retail outlets etc............we all condemn that part of what is going on.
What is happening in the USA has been happening for 401 years.............it has to stop, and there is no proven better way than to have protest marches, and even that might not be enough.................this could get even worse if action is not taken and taken quickly.
I don't appreciate being called a "bloody racist" and you would understand just how far that is off the mark if you knew my background, but that is by the way, it is an insult and one that was undeserved. So you know what you can do with your Hmmmmms.......don't you?

i hadn’t read enough of the thread, sorry for that. I stand by my comments but I do take your point.

But people aren't presented with the full facts on here because to many have agendas. Far to many obsessives on here for my liking, you can see it with how they keep banging on like the attack on Joan earlier and at all times of the night. The lack of football has obviously had a serious affect on some people's mental wellbeing.
hqdefault.jpg

May I say, I take responsibility for my own part in last nights debacle, though I didn’t call anyone names, apart from RVW I called a racist after being goaded about having a black best friend, that I hadn’t said. I stand by that, I think they are anti white people.

Now, not once have I been against the view that racism needs to be tackled, not once have I called anyone out for being any colour, any religion or any sexuality.

can I say women have been oppressed for centuries, beaten, murdered, enslaved, prostituted, humiliated, yet not one of you have seen anything wrong with me being called a “fat assed bitch” it seems that is all perfectly acceptable. Had that person RVW used a word to offend someone black or Asian or gay, the outcry would have been deafening but, I’m white and I’m a woman so its ok.

I suggest you all go and adjust your moral compasses and then come back to the rest of us and preach when you have truly understand the concept of an ism, because sexism is just as bloody rife,
I agree with you Joan. No personal insults of a sexist nature are not acceptable. I note that the forum is mostly male.
I'm not a moderator I can't referee other people's arguments. For what it's worth I think all posts which aim personal insults at people should be deleted.
Joan I'm in peace with you-Pete introduced your name into an unrelated conversation.
I'm tired with discussions escalating to that level.
I'm not trying to play saint Nige as I had a post deleted the other day. I think learnt a lesson from it.
Today is another day.

I'd leave it Joan, you wont get anywhere with these morons. It's a modern thing, people especially young ones are entitled these days and this carries on into discussions. They feel they have the right to force their opinions onto others and slag them off if people have the temerity to disagree.

I'd leave it Joan, you wont get anywhere with these morons. It's a modern thing, people especially young ones are entitled these days and this carries on into discussions. They feel they have the right to force their opinions onto others and slag them off if people have the temerity to disagree.

Thanks Pete, I have to be honest and say I have found this to be true. It’s very sad.

Thanks Pete, I have to be honest and say I have found this to be true. It’s very sad.

If you deviate, even slightly, from the socially acceptable, BBC pre-watershed-friendly narrative then you are assumed to sit on the other side of the argument.

So whilst being against racist acts by the police in the USA, you make comments which challenge the response to it or attempt to deal with the nuance and sophistication of the issue and you are automatically assumed to be on the other side. By some people, anyway.