PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Brexit never? Britain can still change its mind, says Article 50 autho

Could be interesting, that, and pose a conundrum for Sturgeon - the idea that independence supporters want to join the EU isn't entirely accurate, despite what many media sources claim - about a third do not and voted leave. If she is too overtly remain, that could damage her campaign.

Like so much of politics nowadays, it's all very unpredictable!
I think in this country it's the opposite. I'd say leavers in this country are more inclined to be against Scottish Independence and remainers for it which is utterly astounding (I'm part of this)

No Deal wasn't on the table during the referendum
A deal was done including a backstop in the form that our government requested and then negotiated

Pretending that people voted for No Deal won't wash. Despite Raab pretending that this was part of the discussions in 2016, it was shown to be demonstrably false by all fact checking organisations

Demanding something we can't have (a new deal) is like a 3 year old throwing a tantrum when they can't have an ice cream.

As to the Irish issue, people were told pre referendum that this was a massive issue. It was ignored/denied/labelled project fear but turned out to be exactly as predicted. The GFA is an international treaty and we have a government willing to junk it....it doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy im afraid, it just embarrasses me that, once again, English exceptionalism trumps common sense.

Oh Dear

THE Remoaner’s are getting more and more Hysterical has deadline day comes nearer

When will the Eight Plagues EU Doom hit us I wonder?

The country voted to Leave..
Nowhere did it say on the ballot paper to Leave ONLY with a negotiated deal..

I'm fine with setting a date and Leaving on that date...as I suspect almost all Leavers are... and to be honest quite a lot of Remainers.

Was talking to a Remainer the other day.. he said "the country voted to Leave and we should Leave.. I didn't vote to Leave but the country decided... and we should get on with it and Leave."

The WA was rejected three times by Parliament.. are you saying the EU has the right to impose that deal on Parliament and the UK ?

I love the way folks like you claim to know what Leavers were thinking when they voted... you certainly don't speak for me !

ha ha ha

Sorry sliper you are wasting your time
The Remoaner's don't understand what the word LEAVE means
They will when Boris refuses to ask for a further extension, Parliament can TRY to demand one
Boris will say F.O.
If the EU forces one, I can see the Slogan at the next GE

Parliament and the EU verses The people

That will be a winner for the Remoaners, I don’t think

Quick question for the Labour supporters on here, I jolly well hope you answer.

Brexit baaaaaad and the backstop is an issue as it could affect the Union and GFA.

Labour report today that they are looking at getting into bed with the SNP, offering them a referendum on independence. That means it will break up the unions the United Kingdom.

Do you support that hypocrisy.......sorry I mean super idea, just to get in power?

Obviously they will, So desperate to get into power, if it happens before Brexit, Brexit will never happen

I think in this country it's the opposite. I'd say leavers in this country are more inclined to be against Scottish Independence and remainers for it which is utterly astounding (I'm part of this)
I could well believe that - I'm a pro-Indy leaver, although I accept I am an outlier.

More Scots Indy supporters go for remain than don't, but there are enough leavers to make things difficult for Sturgeon. She could face a similar balancing act to Corbyn, soon.

I still chat to many of my old Scot Nat mates on FB and have noticed that many of them are not interested in joining the EU, citing Catalonia, Greece, and not wanting to join the madness of the Euro as reasons - they would all happily go for EFTA, though.

WOW

Nearly nine o'clock and the Jeremiah hysterical Doomsters have not out in an appearance yet today
Are they hiding under the covers I wonder?

A no-deal Brexit could increase the persuasiveness for those pushing Liverpool as a UK gateway.

“After Brexit the ports in the south could be even more congested,” said Jones. “If push comes to shove and there are problems at the ports down south, where’s the easiest option? We’re going to push our customers to come up here. There is loads of capacity and space and it saves on trucking costs.

We are doomed I tell ya !

For example, retailer B&M – which has 600 stores and employs more than 28,000 staff across the UK – earlier this month committed to shipping 80% of its stock via Liverpool, up from 50% previously, after suffering consistent delays at Felixstowe and Southampton.

"[B&M’s decision] marks a further shift away from southern ports, with problems only expected to worsen as Brexit moves closer, congestion shows no sign of easing and delays get longer,” said Roger Megann, head of commercial (containers) at Peel Ports, which runs the port of Liverpool.

?

As I read it, companies merely want to be sure that they will not be prosecuted with anti-competition/price fixing laws if they coordinate supplies. Stock control systems (even the ones I used over ten years ago) are well able to track provenance of food and keep records of where things came from.

That's how I understood it aswell.....Mind you I haven't got an agenda so it seemed quite reasonable.... I can see how it might be used as a lever for those with an undemocratic slant though. :)

Bloody Hell..... The divorce might see an enforced improvement on the run down Norf?......... Now wouldn't that be an eye opener ?.......One things for sure, it was never going to happen through choice of our parliament whilst we were in the EU......

No comment at all from our Remainer chums.. you might start to think they actually want Brexit to fail ?

No comment at all from our Remainer chums.. you might start to think they actually want Brexit to fail ?
Who said we where chums?

For the sake of everyone in our nation I don't want brexit to "fail" as you put it but I'm absolutely gobsmacked that all the leavers seem to be projecting the narrative that as and when the consequences of this clusterfuck hits home it'll be all the remainers fault.

Give your heads a wobble.

We are doomed I tell ya !

Doomed would indicate that you are going to die but doesn't put a date on it, the worst way to die is probably having a painful cancer that slowly kills you over a number of years.

IMO - No deal brexit will be a slow death over a long period for the UK, with a lot of pain along the way.

PS.I once did a project in an oncology department which gives me more qualifiactions to say this than most MPs.

Doomed would indicate that you are going to die but doesn't put a date on it, the worst way to die is probably having a painful cancer that slowly kills you over a number of years.

IMO - No deal brexit will be a slow death over a long period for the UK, with a lot of pain along the way.

PS.I once did a project in an oncology department which gives me more qualifiactions to say this than most MPs.

Well if you are talking about Cancer, yes

But not I suspect about the EU and Brexit
It will be what we has a Country make of it, I believe it won't be half as bad has some make out
To use your analogy A very dad cold at first, and if you don't take the medicine (just whinge) it might turn into flu

You could also say if we stay in, it will be like just eating what we have got used to (because it’s nice and comfy) and Damn the consequences

Collective Bargaining.

Something we need to get back, and soon.
I work nights and weekends in a warehouse. 40+ workers. 2 union members. Nobody will join the union. The company erodes pay and conditions. Nobody will join the union. Collective bargaining.....

Who said we where chums?

For the sake of everyone in our nation I don't want brexit to "fail" as you put it but I'm absolutely gobsmacked that all the leavers seem to be projecting the narrative that as and when the consequences of this clusterfuck hits home it'll be all the remainers fault.

Give your heads a wobble.

There's a chance that the North will benefit Winkers.............. There certainly wasn't before.

I work nights and weekends in a warehouse. 40+ workers. 2 union members. Nobody will join the union. The company erodes pay and conditions. Nobody will join the union. Collective bargaining.....

I don't blame them...Even with a cast iron case they won't fight a cause. Unions aren't worth a wank.