PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Cameron Archer Signs on Loan (Confirmed - January 2022)

Archer is the perfect signing for us as he is a threat for defenders which has been missing of late , he actually runs at them and causes threat and problems which Maguire and sinclair have failed to do this season I'm super excited about this one.

Hope he's as talented as people say as he has next to no experience higher than the conference (or whatever its called these days!) But an interesting signing nontheless and hopefully an exciting one too.

Villa Fan in Peace...
Pretty gutted we let this guy leave, he is well good enough to be challenging Ings and Watkins for a place in our senior team. He is the best striker to come through our youth in the last 20 years if not ever. As I have to accept he has left I hope he hits the ground running for you guys. Destined to be a crowd favourite by the end of the season and will obviously put a goal or two past the Baggies

Interesting signing, looks like he could score goals. Let’s hope we get some wingbacks in to support the attach and get some service into what potentially could be a very potent 2 in Riis and Archer.

He got a hat trick against Barrow in the League Cup, & got a run out at Old Trafford as a sub when we won there & didn’t look out of place. I may be imagining but I think I remember he came close to scoring in the short time he was on.
He has been scoring for fun at under 23 level & has been on our bench a lot so he is close to first team ready. He just needs not to moulder on the bench for a year as that’ll be no good for his development.
I honestly don’t think we’ll be letting you keep this one, but I do believe you’ll enjoy having him.
He looks really sharp & lots of us think we should be giving him a run out for us instead of loaning him.

Archers don't actually move :p

Sorry to disappoint you, Reg...

giphy.gif

What about Sinclair?

😂 😜

Until he was sacrificed after Hughes' sending off last week Sinclair had done a couple of sharp good things - the collect and lay-off that allowed Johnson to run to the byeline for a cross that was cut out and that sprint from deep that enabled him to get slightly ahead of Riis to get on the end of the pass that then enabled him to shoot. His effort wasn't bad - it was hit hard and was on target - but the keeper had had the time to get out to narrow the angle. At other times I agree he was knocked off the ball very easily but he is not a back-to-goal player and I have never said he is. What I have said consistently is that he still has some pace and is still a good finisher and that if he had been played upfront alongside Riis as often as Maguire has then I am confident he would have scored rather more goals than Maguire who is now as I have been saying consistently for well over a season a spent force at this level. Sinclair isn't quite that yet.

I'm sure Ernest said to play him in a front two, or a front three. Either way I'm sure the salient point is "front".:)

Indeed I did.

"He's not the Messi.
He's a very talented boy"
I think we have to be careful not to build him up too much. Apparently he's scored goals for fun for the U23s and got a hat trick against a League 2 side in the League Cup. Gerrard clearly rates him highly but we have to remember he scored 4 goals (2 in one game) last season in 26 appearances for Solihull Moors, so expectations have to be realistic.

I think we have to be careful not to build him up too much. Apparently he's scored goals for fun for the U23s and got a hat trick against a League 2 side in the League Cup. Gerrard clearly rates him highly but we have to remember he scored 4 goals (2 in one game) last season in 26 appearances for Solihull Moors, so expectations have to be realistic.
Yes good point. Welbeck and Carroll may have gone on to great things but they weren't great on loan at Deepdale. Carroll was in great demand and it was quite a scoop to get him.

Also scored against Chelsea

Welcome Cameron.

Here's hoping you can help us put a really positive tilt on the second half of this season, I've high hopes!

This is great news, lets hope hes as good as the villa fans say, just hoping the few negative fans on this forum after a few weeks arent calling him shite, you all know who you are;)