PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Chancellor Sajid Javid reveals minimum wage will rise by record 6.2% in boost for struggling Brits

Decent employers pay the real living wage (as defined by the Living Wage Foundation). That is currently £9.30/hr outside London and £10.75 in London. Over 6,000 organisations are signed up to it. So I'm sure you'll forgive me for not celebrating Javid's announcement.

The Living Wage foundation went national in 2011 and the minimum wage (rebadged by the Tories as Living Wage) has always lagged behind.

Really lovely that.

From someone drawing £141,500 pa plus expenses from public funds (in addition to private earnings and wealth) 51pence per hour for the lowest paid (from others pockets) must seem very, very generous.

Well done Sajid. What a guy.

Using The Sun to tell us poor people will still be reliant on benefits to survive. Wooo yeah.....you go Sajid, thank god you’ve been able to do stuff the previous Government couldn’t have done

PrestonAl, you’ve some icing or hair wax on your lips, not sure what

Using The Sun to tell us poor people will still be reliant on benefits to survive. Wooo yeah.....you go Sajid, thank god you’ve been able to do stuff the previous Government couldn’t have done

PrestonAl, you’ve some icing or hair wax on your lips, not sure what

Did you know his dad (Javid's) was a bus driver? He has mentioned it a couple of times....

Am I right in thinking there will be no increase in the basic personal allowance this year and it will remain at £12,500, to be adjusted according to RPI (I think) in future years?

Did you know his dad (Javid's) was a bus driver? He has mentioned it a couple of times....

Not heard that.

Wasn't his mum the proudest mum ever to see a Pakistani from humble beginnings in Government? Didn't he make a cringeworthy speech saying such recently?

She must be so proud her son is working do hard to keep all the other "humble" people in check. How lovely.

Really lovely that.

From someone drawing £141,500 pa plus expenses from public funds (in addition to private earnings and wealth) 51pence per hour for the lowest paid (from others pockets) must seem very, very generous.

Well done Sajid. What a guy.

Talk about 'crumbs from the table'?

Am I right in thinking there will be no increase in the basic personal allowance this year and it will remain at £12,500, to be adjusted according to RPI (I think) in future years?

No.

We have a "One Nation" Tory Government so we'll see a fair increase in the tax allowance.

I'm sure PrestonAl can confirm this for us.

They're fulfilling promises and as the "People's Government" are keen to respect "borrowed votes" from the working class (spit) and spreading "equality".

But look on the bright side, they can work 90 hours less next year and still pay the same tax. Shortening the working week, it’s the future