PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Chris Kirchner - Rumour - Possible Takeover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ridsdale's sports consultancy firm WH Sports Group Limited, which provided advice to football clubs from 2003, failed in 2009 with debts of more than £475,000. Ridsale was found to have diverted payments by football clubs totalling £347,000, due to the company, into his personal bank account. In October 2012, he was disqualified as a company director until April 2020 after an inquiry by the Insolvency Service. His wife Sophie Ridsdale was likewise banned from acting as a director of any company until 2016.[23]

Responding to the ban, Ridsdale claimed that he was currently only acting as Chairman of Football at Preston North End, not as a director.[23]

Football club chairman Peter Ridsdale has been disqualified from acting as a company director for seven and a half years, the Insolvency Service has said.
His sports consultancy collapsed in 2009 owing £442,353 in tax.
An inquiry found that the 60-year-old channelled payments from football clubs into his personal bank account instead of a company account.
Mr Ridsdale, now chairman of Preston North End, said his lawyers were studying advice he was given.
The ban follows an Insolvency Service investigation. The finding does not relate to his footballing duties as chairman of various clubs.
Mr Ridsdale said the disqualification, for which he has given an undertaking, was "a result of ongoing issues with a personal matter which occurred in 2009".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19819177
The yanks will love him then.

We haven't had a lot to shout about, I grant you, but more exciting than the BAXI takeover? The transformation of Deepdale? Play Off Finals?

And btw, Trevor Hemmings was a billionaire.
I certainly wasn't excited at the first two..... In fact, I was distinctly disappointed when they started transforming the ground, not because I didn't want it, but because I loved going on the TE with my mates, surging forward when we scored and joining in on mini pitch invasions when we scored against the lashers. Changing the ground eventually stopped us doing that. I'll obviously never forget nights such as beating Torquay and everyone piling onto the pitch to 'help out' with the rapid removal of the AstroTurf pitch! Everyone hated coming to Deepdale cause we were great on that surface and it took other teams a while to get used to it.

The playoff finals was a mixture of good and bad. Going to Wembley as a teen in 1994 was loads of fun. I was smashed at 10am from being force fed cans of Fosters by a coach load of North End blokes..... it was the best atmosphere. The first half is something I still have great memories about but losing 4-2 was a downer for obvious reasons and I hated us having the record for the worst team in playoff history. Even when we played Swindon I couldn't quite believe we were going to rid ourselves of the omen.... So overall no, the playoffs weren't as exciting as this.

I (personally) am not risk averse and really want us to take a chance and go all in. If a billionaire wants to buy the club and push for the prem, hell I'm loving it. It's on my bucket list to watch PNE in the prem and this year is the first where I've wondered whether we are starting to build the same quality in our team that nearly got us there years ago. I hear the arguments for and against and don't disagree with any of them. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but for me, I look back at old league tables and see clubs that were hugely successful years ago that have now slipped into lower leagues, but I also see the exact opposite.... So yes, there are going to be big risks in doing something like this, but if you consider the 'half glass full' angle, there are also big gains to be had.

And sorry... Yes.... TH was a billionaire, but that's not the only consideration here. For whatever reason he never went all in to push for the prem and maybe this guy won't (if he buys). But as I said at the beginning, it's incredibly exciting just talking about billionaires buying PNE and the thought that they might transform the club

We haven't had a lot to shout about, I grant you, but more exciting than the BAXI takeover? The transformation of Deepdale? Play Off Finals?

And btw, Trevor Hemmings was a billionaire.
I think I'd put winning two championships up there as well....famous away days at places like Leyton Orient, Wigan....to rank the rumoured takeover by an american we've never heard of and can find virtually no information about above these is odd in the extreme!

Let me know when you find something. For an internet based business there is very little solid detail.

All I can see is a very new global logistics platform with a lot of borrowing and very little income, plus lots of bullshit and jargon but no real substance.

Obviously there are great success stories, but there are plenty of internet based failures as well.

If someone can fill in the gaps with some real up to date info and figures it would be appreciated.

He’s obviously a good self promoter.....but that can also be described as bullshit too.

Until proven otherwise I smell a rat...

Best I could find really. Valuation between $240m-$360m, although not really sure how accurate that is.

Secured $75.9m in funding, biggest investor being Goldman Sachs which is probably a good thing.

1644999366871.png

Most tech companies will start out with huge funding requirements before making any real revenue. Software Engineers are some of the most expensive staff out there, especially in the US. You can't build your platform without engineers, and you can't make revenue without a platform to sell

The constant bashing of him just shows how tedious some folk can be.
When there is good and known justification then fair enough
One minute he is our biggest arch enemy and the next there’s a thread about what a good guy he is
Ultimately it seems it’s down to a lot of rhetoric and quite a lot of crowd following
Now that will go down well…….
Just out of interest, who, in the past, have we had that was better?

Best I could find really. Valuation between $240m-$360m, although not really sure how accurate that is.

Secured $75.9m in funding, biggest investor being Goldman Sachs which is probably a good thing.

View attachment 6326

Most tech companies will start out with huge funding requirements before making any real revenue. Software Engineers are some of the most expensive staff out there, especially in the US. You can't build your platform without engineers, and you can't make revenue without a platform to sell
Simon Jordan claimed that a major tech player bought a small stake of 70 million in a business of Kirchners, and valued it at 7 billion. No idea which one.

I'd take that as there seems to be interest and I mean it with zero disrespect to your fiancé but no matter what she has overheard, no deals get done in hospitality.

This stuff is thrashed out in boardrooms.
If Ridsdale was there it sounds about right. Whilst he saved Argyle through his nous he was caught in holiday Inn having breakfast with all the plans discussing things which showed that everything relied on them being granted permission to build on a public park which has covenants like the ground on it.

Ridsdale's sports consultancy firm WH Sports Group Limited, which provided advice to football clubs from 2003, failed in 2009 with debts of more than £475,000. Ridsale was found to have diverted payments by football clubs totalling £347,000, due to the company, into his personal bank account. In October 2012, he was disqualified as a company director until April 2020 after an inquiry by the Insolvency Service. His wife Sophie Ridsdale was likewise banned from acting as a director of any company until 2016.[23]

Responding to the ban, Ridsdale claimed that he was currently only acting as Chairman of Football at Preston North End, not as a director.[23]

Football club chairman Peter Ridsdale has been disqualified from acting as a company director for seven and a half years, the Insolvency Service has said.
His sports consultancy collapsed in 2009 owing £442,353 in tax.
An inquiry found that the 60-year-old channelled payments from football clubs into his personal bank account instead of a company account.
Mr Ridsdale, now chairman of Preston North End, said his lawyers were studying advice he was given.
The ban follows an Insolvency Service investigation. The finding does not relate to his footballing duties as chairman of various clubs.
Mr Ridsdale said the disqualification, for which he has given an undertaking, was "a result of ongoing issues with a personal matter which occurred in 2009".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19819177

Where's the short changed and in the shit part though?

FYI if he does it again he goes to prison so I'd say let it go, I'd be very surprised if he did it again.

The fiancé served these guys on Wednesday night, it’s close to happening.
She said she was working? I’m sorry to tell you this mate, she was actually with me. I treated her to a game of Boggle and a repeat of the Only Fools and Horses classic episode, Danger UXD.

I'd always be wary of a foreign takeover, but if this guy is a genuine fan and he's using real money then it could work.

Sorry to put a dampener on the excitement in this thread but I will keep an open mind if it happens.

Simon Jordan claimed that a major tech player bought a small stake of 70 million in a business of Kirchners, and valued it at 7 billion. No idea which one.
Simon Jordan isn't a very reliable source on spotting wealth - he claimed Erik Alonso had "significant means", just before his Derby takeover bid failed because he couldn't provide evidence of his source of funds to the EFL.

(That said, Kirchner passed the EFL test with respect to his Derby bid.)

You tell me
It was a general question not aimed at you. But for the record, Gray, possibly. Not a long list. The other thing I find curious is that despite his financial shenanigans, Trev trusted him.

There, that’s how you do it, your go touchy!

I reckon we should be looking to go Irish, we seem to like the Irish, although we do have a long history of Scottish input!

Best case scenario, he buys in with real money, attends as many matches, training sessions etc as he can and becomes a real fan who will invest in the club in an ambitious but sensible manner. (as appears to be the case at Leicester)
Worst case scenario, he leverages the club to the hilt in order to 'buy in' and uses it to subsidise his other businesses/interests, as we have observed new owners doing elsewhere. You pays your money and takes your pick, because sure as hell none of us knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.