PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Chris Kirchner - Rumour - Possible Takeover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Understandable mix of excitement and trepidation if this was to happen

We have seen many times new owners come in and ruin clubs

The alternative is just bobbing around in the championship with an eventual return to league one

We just don’t have the funds or desire to challenge up the top end of this division

Would be happy for someone else to come in but we are probably one of many clubs available

Recent results show we have the squad and management team to challenge the top end of the division.

I hope it is true.
It'll give those sad fuckers at the other end of the M55 something else to get their knickers in a twist about.

You know this was the first thing I genuinely thought when I read the OP… waiting for a thread to appear on their forum about it already. 😂

The Price of Football's Kieran Maguire wasn't impressed with Kirchner's approach to buy Derby in December - called him a "time wasting tyre kicker", and worse in the initial (now deleted) tweet.

The club was unofficially “up for sale” for several years under TJH. It was touted around in the same circles of other clubs hoping for a new owner , including Burnley Wigan and Bolton. Burnley got their new owner. Bolton, despite trying to belittle us vs them and their own potential as an ex premier league club didn’t. As far as I am aware there was no real interest in us and that wasn’t really anything to do with the asking price.

Interestingly , at the last home game there were some people rumoured to be “financial people” in one of the boxes. That started all sorts of rumours flying around the corporate area , but more that Craig hadn’t got access to the funds and the club was struggling to pay bills. Absolutely no idea if any of this is correct but I will keep my ear close to the ground.

I’m wary of foreign owners with no attachment to the club and I ask myself why on earth they would want to buy a business that loses £6m plus a year.

Obviously we would all want someone to put the funds in to take us up, and now May be an opportune time for someone who wants that glory. I’d though like a deal put in place that lets the existing owners retain ownership of the ground, car parks and training facilities ( both) - lease them back for £1 a year - and also the Hemmings family keep their seats on the board.

Googled him and there was a link to his twitter, seems he has a genuine love of the game. As any new owner who knows what could be in for us should he buy the club but you never know it could be our ticket to some seriously good times…

I’d though like a deal put in place that lets the existing owners retain ownership of the ground, car parks and training facilities ( both) - lease them back for £1 a year - and also the Hemmings family keep their seats on the board.
What would incentivise the new owner to agree to that?

If anything, I reckon it would make Ridsdale even more secure- any foreign businessman is gonna want a football guy in there to oversee the operations.
I disagree - unless Ridsdale can convince the new owner his seat on the EFL Board is worth having him stick around, I think he'd be out.

Seems to be various opinions about his wealth.... smoke and mirrors job...... looks a bit shady.......not convinced.
This is my worry.

Arabian Royalty buy Premier League clubs. Shonky offshore conglomerates buy Championship clubs. Pinch of salt from me at the minute. I’d be interested to see which side of the fence the story came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.