PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Electronic fags

woman at work got one for Xmas - she is down to 5 a day from about 11/12

Hubby got one of those vapour ones if that's what you're talking about. He hasn't smoked since, that was September last year. From 20 a day now to the odd one when he goes out for a pint. But as a habit he doesn't buy them anymore.

Hubby got one of those vapour ones if that's what you're talking about. He hasn't smoked since, that was September last year. From 20 a day now to the odd one when he goes out for a pint. But as a habit he doesn't buy them anymore.

They're the ones bint, cheers for that.

I've heard nothing but good things about them.

Expensive for what they are (profiteering), but massively cheaper than fags, and rather healthier!

Good luck with it. Are the responsibilities of parenthood kicking in... or is it just the cost of nappies?!

Expensive for what they are (profiteering), but massively cheaper than fags, and rather healthier!

Good luck with it. Are the responsibilities of parenthood kicking in... or is it just the cost of nappies?!

See I don't think they are that bad. I think it cost about £50 or £60 for the initial set up and then the liquid stuff that goes in is normally 5 for £20. Hubby has had one lot of refills since sept and ain't used em.

Worth every penny if you ask me, brilliant inventions

See I don't think they are that bad. I think it cost about £50 or £60 for the initial set up and then the liquid stuff that goes in is normally 5 for £20. Hubby has had one lot of refills since sept and ain't used em.

No doubt about value for money. And if you see a loved one managing to slowly come off the dreaded weed, the cost would be irrelevant anyway.

cheers for that,

to be fair I just don't want to smoke!

I had managed to quit for 2 years until I moved back to the UK (new job and stress being my excuse, there's always an excuse...)

Missus doesn't like me smoking and when I do smoke I always wash my hands thoroughly and brush my teeth before picking up my little girl.....

Would just be nice not to be smoking mate. So far so good.

I admit though, I haven't looked into any possible health issues with these substitutes, I was wondering if anyone had come across any potential health issues with them?

I paid £29.99 for the kit and one bottle of blueberry flavoured "stuff" , looking at the bottle it seems it should last a good while!

No doubt about value for money. And if you see a loved one managing to slowly come off the dreaded weed, the cost would be irrelevant anyway.

I was getting pissed off with him leaving me sat at the bar on my own when we went out together or standing at the backdoor then coming in smelling of it. Horrid, horrid habit!

To be fair he still gets the urge if he is out drinking and he says they will never replace an actual fag for that but it takes the edge off it and to be honest if he can go 6 out of 7 days without one and then cracks and has 2 or 3 when he's out I don't mind that.

I paid £29.99 for the kit and one bottle of blueberry flavoured "stuff" , looking at the bottle it seems it should last a good while!

Yeah hubby just said it was £45 his set up. He got a "delux" kit with 2 of the actual "fags" in, (union jack design) a pouch and 4 bottles of stuff. He got the energy cow one (red bull lol), cappuccino, blueberry and cherry. They say one bottle is supposedly equiv to bout 40 but hubby said you don't smoke them like a fag. You just take a drag every time you get a bit of an urge so they last ages.

cheers for that,

to be fair I just don't want to smoke!

I had managed to quit for 2 years until I moved back to the UK (new job and stress being my excuse, there's always an excuse...)

Missus doesn't like me smoking and when I do smoke I always wash my hands thoroughly and brush my teeth before picking up my little girl.....

Would just be nice not to be smoking mate. So far so good.

I admit though, I haven't looked into any possible health issues with these substitutes, I was wondering if anyone had come across any potential health issues with them?

I believe the health issues to be negligible. You get the nicotine (in lower dose), but none of the real harmful chemicals, particles or gasses that you inhale with cigarettes. (btw...I believe that it is the gasses on your breath that are more potentially harmful to a baby than anything on your hands)

The vapour that's used is (I think) stuff that has been used for things like Asthma inhalers and the like, for decades, with no reported ill- effects.

Sound safe to me. Certainly a thousand times safer than cigarettes.

Yeah hubby just said it was £45 his set up. He got a "delux" kit with 2 of the actual "fags" in, (union jack design) a pouch and 4 bottles of stuff. He got the energy cow one (red bull lol), cappuccino, blueberry and cherry. They say one bottle is supposedly equiv to bout 40 but hubby said you don't smoke them like a fag. You just take a drag every time you get a bit of an urge so they last ages.

ay he went for delux I went for budget :)

he's right though, you don't smoke them like a fag, just a puff every now and again and it does seem to help, I agree.

I believe the health issues to be negligible. You get the nicotine (in lower dose), but none of the real harmful chemicals, particles or gasses that you inhale with cigarettes. (btw...I believe that it is the gasses on your breath that are more potentially harmful to a baby than anything on your hands)

The vapour that's used is (I think) stuff that has been used for things like Asthma inhalers and the like, for decades, with no reported ill- effects.

You can actually get nicotine free ones as well! They are like mini sheeshas! I was tempted lol

Appreciate the info bud.

I normally check anything out before I buy, but I went with my instinct on this one.

Had a bit of spare cash so thought why not.

Appreciate the info bud.

I normally check anything out before I buy, but I went with my instinct on this one.

Had a bit of spare cash so thought why not.

Where did you get it from Deany? We went to the place in Penwortham. They so loads.