PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Euro's or Champions league?

MrHodgeheg123

There's always next season to look forward to.
Patron
Just a quick one.
As a professional footballer, when you look back at your footballing career and the trophies you've won, what would you rather have given a choice?
European Champions (with England), Champions League winner (with your club) or maybe even winner of your domestic league?

Good question.

It's tough though because winning the Euros for England would bring wider adulation, but winning the Champions league for North End would be far more satisfying on a personal level.

Hmmm. 🤔

I'll say... scoring the winning goal for North End in the champions league final.

As long as it's all about me me meeeeeeee, I'm fine with either.

You'd imagine the Euros or World Cup would be an English player's ultimate choice, however, I don't know if that actually is the case. Champions League titles seem the one to have.

I can't think of many Champions League quarter finalist teams who haven't either won it before or at least been finalists before, whereas World Cups and European Cups, you can get teams in the quarter finals who go years and years without getting there. Seems a rarer achievement to win.

Absolutely anything that involves playing for your country
You have been selected out of a wealth of players as the best and your are playing the best. Plus playing for your country regardless of some apathy these days from fans still means something, few will remember who was playing in the champions league final in say 2004 but they will remember or can quote the 66 squad

Country before club any day of the week. I'd much rather see England win the Euros tonight than PNE make it to the Premier League for example.
I'll probably be in the vast minority here but for me, it would be PNE in the Premier league all day long.
We've waited longer to see Preston in the top flight than England winning a major trophy.

I'll probably be in the vast minority here but for me, it would be PNE in the Premier league all day long.
We've waited longer to see Preston in the top flight than England winning a major trophy.

Nah, if we weren't in the final tonight and the club v country question was asked.... I reckon the majority would say PNE over England.

I'm with you, PNE every single time.

Those saying England over PNE are coming off my Christmas card list.

I still love England t'max though, don't get me wrong.

Yeah I think I've got carried away a bit and muddied the waters a bit as far as what the OP question was.

Player: England
Fan: PNE over England

Not on your nelly. PNE promotion to prem eclipses world cup win easily. Each to their own.
Tonight emphasises country before club for me. The sheer joy when we took the lead tonight and everyone was on the same page across the country, I seriously don't think any Preston moment will top that sheer joy.

The joyful moments we experience as a club are fantastic. But for me they don't top the moments when the entire country celebrate them. Perhaps right now I'm suffering from a lack of interest in our club to be fair.