PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Ex-Prime Minister Liz Truss!!

We’re in the shit because the Tory membership have a Margaret Thatcher fixation and a few of them wouldn’t vote for Rishi because he’s too tanned!
To be fair to the Tories, this isn't fair and isn't the case.

Even when it was all going tits up, Boris remained popular with the Tory membership and still remains popular to this day (not sure why). Given Rishi was one of the first to resign, he's seen as a backstabber. What is it they call him, Fishy Rishi?

Using the race card in this case is a bit lazy tbh. Although the Thatcher fixation part is true

I think the Thatcher fixation is very true and as for Sunak’s ethnicity. I’m sure it had no impact on the majority of them but I bet it played on a ‘few’ minds.
I did say ‘few’.

Even when it was all going tits up, Boris remained popular with the Tory membership and still remains popular to this day (not sure why). Given Rishi was one of the first to resign, he's seen as a backstabber. What is it they call him, Fishy Rishi?

Using the race card in this case is a bit lazy tbh. Although the Thatcher fixation part is true

Now you're being ridiculous..

Nail
Head

Nail
Head

Nail
Head

Never been convinced about Rory.. Nice, intelligent, pleasant bloke and he makes some very good points in that interview although I don't agree with all of it.. Stating that starmer is making some exciting movements tells me that if he does return to politics it may well be with labour ( which isn't in fact labour anymore) .......

And I will say this to my dying day.... No fecker will allow true PR unless there's a revolution and some heads are lopped off first..

Never been convinced about Rory.. Nice, intelligent, pleasant bloke and he makes some very good points in that interview although I don't agree with all of it.. Stating that starmer is making some exciting movements tells me that if he does return to politics it may well be with labour ( which isn't in fact labour anymore) .......

And I will say this to my dying day.... No fecker will allow true PR unless there's a revolution and some heads are lopped off first..
One question with PR, who do I go to about my local A & E closing?

And it is a serious question that would somehow need addressing if we move to PR

We’re in the shit because the Tory membership have a Margaret Thatcher fixation and a few of them wouldn’t vote for Rishi because he’s too tanned!
I’m not sure about the racist accusation..

He seemed well liked by his peers about 12/18 months ago and seemed a ready made replacement for Boris

I think it’s more about his wife’s wealth and the tax avoidance episode that turned people against him.

Seem to remember that Kemi was popular with the Tory membership. Don't think the accusations that they are a hotbed of racists is fair.

One question with PR, who do I go to about my local A & E closing?

And it is a serious question that would somehow need addressing if we move to PR

Oh come on Phil it's not beyond the brains of mankind to come up with a new system is it? There are numerous ways of doing it.... And if you dare tell me that your local MP ( who is no more and has sold out big time ) was your only connection to parliament.... Look at my saviour hendrick.... As much use as a one legged man in an arse kicking competition...

Please don't defend the lack of PR because one in every five thousand appeals ( usually for publicity) to a local mp gets listened to. You're smarter than that.

That's always my concern with pure PR - how do you keep constituency MPs?
STV gives more proportional results. Scotland uses a combination of MPs and party lists. Germany has also uses MMP.

Pure PR can also be combined with devolution to local authorities. Give them more power, and they could more effectively lobby the national government on behalf of their constituents.

There's plenty of ways to achieve a proportional electoral system without sacrificing local representation.