PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Former PNE Players Thread

They've always had a great fan base. Of course, Bradford had two Football League teams up to the late 60's - City and Park Avenue. City came to Deepdale in the 70's and filled the old Town End.
Having moved to Morecambe in 87 to buy a CTN & Post Office (later to become a Convenience Store) loads of our customers where originally from Bradford (Morecambe was dubbed 'little Bradford on Sea'), we even sold 40 copies a day of the Telegraph & Argus which they delivered from Bradford to Morecambe by 4pm every day.
Nearly every one 'claimed' to have been a Park Avenue supporter originally, before switching to City when they went bankrupt and out of business (although they later re-formed).
Even now when Bratford play Morecambe at the Globe, half the 'away' supporters actually live in Morecambe.
I think Bobby Ham (great partnership with Gerry Ingram) once played for Park Avenue, before City.

Last edited:
Believe their season ticket prices are low as well.
Even some of there own supporters say that they are too low, it means that there is little money for Player investment from ticket sales.
In Football as in Business there is a balance to be achieved between turnover/revenue and profit to try to maximise monies available for investment.

Bradford-upon-the-Sea 🙂

Yes, Bobby Ham had two spells with Park Avenue, 1961-1963 and 1964-1968.
Do you believe he's now 82...and miles better than Ben Woodburn 😂
Yep - I can believe that he's still better than BW!
I had 2 subbuteo players painted to look like Gerry Ingram & Bobby Ham, i was 15/16/17 when they where with us - probably my peak time and the fondest era!

Yep - I can believe that he's still better than BW!
I had 2 subbuteo players painted to look like Gerry Ingram & Bobby Ham, i was 15/16/17 when they where with us - probably my peak time and the fondest era!
I went on holiday to Hollywood in 1979. Switched on the TV in my hotel room and there was a football game on. Gerry Ingram was on one team and Willy Irvine was on the other.

I went on holiday to Hollywood in 1979. Switched on the TV in my hotel room and there was a football game on. Gerry Ingram was on one team and Willy Irvine was on the other.
Loved Willie Irvine - World Cup Willie - as i've probably intimated i was around 14 ish, when Irvine played for us, and still at the age when PNE Players where actual heroes to me.
As per a previous post i made a subbuteo player in the mould of Gerry Ingram - 'interesting' that he came from Blackpool in the days when rival 'hatred' wasn't a thing - not everything changes for the better!

Just done a wiki search, seems he also played for Morecambe both before Blackpool, who he played the majority of his career for and right at the end.
He also played for Bradford City (re - our earlier conversations).

Get this - Bradford Park Avenue caretaker manager 2008......Mike Marsh.

(if you can believe Wiki 🙂)

Just done a wiki search, seems he also played for Morecambe both before Blackpool, who he played the majority of his career for and right at the end.
He also played for Bradford City (re - our earlier conversations).
Actually he (Charnley) only played 23 games for us, scoring 4, i would have guessed at a few more appearances and goals for us, but apparently not.
He played 59 for Bradford after us, scoring 15 (with a spell at Wrexham in between).
Born in Lancaster-
Apparently played for North End 'B' which was disbanded and then Bolton Le sands before signing for Morecambe and then Blackpool where he played the majority of his career for (363 games - 193 goals), seems like that should have been at PNE, when in his prime !
-
Nothing changes, where PNE are concerned - its all would have, could have, should have!

Actually he (Charnley) only played 23 games for us, scoring 4, i would have guessed at a few more appearances and goals for us, but apparently not.
He played 59 for Bradford after us, scoring 15 (with a spell at Wrexham in between).
Born in Lancaster-
Apparently played for North End 'B' which was disbanded and then Bolton Le sands before signing for Morecambe and then Blackpool where he played the majority of his career for (363 games - 193 goals), seems like that should have been at PNE, when in his prime !
-
Nothing changes, where PNE are concerned - its all would have, could have, should have!
I went a walk last week via a footpath that skirts Bolton Le Sands football pitch. Sadly, they don't have a team anymore. Even sadder, the North Lancs league, founded in 1919, has just played out its last season, due to a lack of teams/interest.
I played in that league, which is level 14 in the football pyramid, almost good enough for a place in Ryan Lowe's current squad. 🤔

Mixed bag for Graham Alexander at Bradford at the moment. Barrow are losing but Crawley are winning. Bradford currently 0-0.

Barrow have the hardest task, Crawley, on paper, the easiest.

What about Doncaster - fifteen straight wins took them from 20th to 5th. Grant McCann done good!!