PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Former PNE Players Thread

I think we saw the flashes of skill that he shows and thought we could work with it. I’ve always thought it was a justifiable risk, just one that didn’t work out.

He’ll have to learn how to get a daft red card if he’s going to fit in!
My take is that in the pre-season game at Euxton is that Preston NE will have dominated possession so it will have been expected for Thomas to have chased shadows and maybe pick up a couple of loose balls and have pot shots. Danny Rowe at Fylde made a career out of that but struggled in League 2 for Oldham.

I get the logic behind signing him in pre-season to get the best chance to get him "match fit" but I highly doubt that any other league couple would have took a punt on him. A month in the NPL last August would have shown his level and made the risk unjustifiable.

Vaughn Green, part of last year's youth team made his first start for Brig tonight in a cup game against Lancaster. Also just realised that Danny Forbes who plays for Brig is the Daniel Forbes who was in the same youth team as Ben Davies but was released at the same time as Brandon Zibaka and Josh Amis.

Hudson on the bench for the second game in a row for Oldham. They're currently in the relegation zone, but have games in hand, but they could end up falling down the leagues as far as Stockport did.

Few ex North Enders on show in the Stockport win v Charlton FA Cup game that's just been on ITV4.

Ben Hinchcliffe (now 35 years old), Ryan Croasdale and former youth teamer Ollie Crankshaw won the penalty for Stockport's third.