PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Forum on iPad

Snickiwi

A bloody immigrant
Patron
Does anyone else have issues with writing and editing posts on iPad?
I always seem to struggle with random capitalisation, deleting the last letter when I’m using punctuation and very strange spellchecking suggestions.

I always seem to struggle with random capitalisation, deleting the last letter when I’m using punctuation and very strange spellchecking suggestions.
It's them underpants - way too tight.

Looking at some other posts the one issue I think some have is when you quote something, there is a lag and it starts typing at the start of the text box, then inserts the quote, then the typing carries on and it becomes a bit of a mash.

As far as I can tell the keyboard and spellchecking is all based on your general typing history rather than specific to each site/app. The Thor hammer approach could be to erase the keyboard dictionary in the General menu and see if you can build it from scratch but it feels a bit brutal way of going about it

Looking at some other posts the one issue I think some have is when you quote something, there is a lag and it starts typing at the start of the text box, then inserts the quote, then the typing carries on and it becomes a bit of a mash.

As far as I can tell the keyboard and spellchecking is all based on your general typing history rather than specific to each site/app. The Thor hammer approach could be to erase the keyboard dictionary in the General menu and see if you can build it from scratch but it feels a bit brutal way of going about it
I will try And write a sentence without any correctione and show you how it turns out.it’s a pain in the arse.

Can’t play the videos On here on mine and getting a picture on is a pain, unless it’s from my photo album. But not tried for a while. Must be something Im doing/not doing.

Since the iOS update before the one just done I found the keyboard on the iPad to be horrific. Does all the things you've said plus many many others including changing correctly spelt words for others which it thinks you meant to right. So I'm not sure it's just this website...

Though I do find it logs me out sometimes as I move pages.

Its a IOS issue sadly and stems from Apple's refusal to work with 3rd party developers.

There are several other enhancements that I could make to the forum but because of IOS issues it is not worth it.

Ah - hadn’t seen this thread - or more lip, I didn’t look because I don’t have an iPad. Mods feel free to merge mine into here.

I cannot believe how shot Editing is on an iPhone. As Tino says, it’s got loads worse recently.

Ah - hadn’t seen this thread - or more lip, I didn’t look because I don’t have an iPad. Mods feel free to merge mine into here.

I cannot believe how shot Editing is on an iPhone. As Tino says, it’s got loads worse recently.

I guess that kind of highlights your point :ROFLMAO:

Since the iOS update before the one just done I found the keyboard on the iPad to be horrific. Does all the things you've said plus many many others including changing correctly spelt words for others which it thinks you meant to right. So I'm not sure it's just this website...

Though I do find it logs me out sometimes as I move pages.

Obviously I meant write.... my keyboard must have changed it... :)

I also find the Ipad Keyboard a pain. Constantly puts numbers instead of letters. Every time i type the word "the", it comes out "th3".
I mainly use an iPad and that’s never happened to me, it’s over 8 years old too.

It sounds like a software glitch to me, it’s obviously a real pain, but it might be worth resetting the iPad to factory conditions. Check google for solutions first though before doing anything so drastic, and if you do reset, make sure you’ve backed up any photos and stuff you want to keep.