PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Frankie McAvoy appointed new head coach (Confirmed).

Why would you need to interview anyone when you have a head coach & backroom staff that have a record of 5 wins in 8 games in situ?
A bit like when our wonderful partners need a special outfit for say a wedding and insist you are to support them (look. I don’t ask for much of you 🙄)
So. Very reluctantly you go with them knowing that they have spent the week prior pinning down the actual one they want on the internet and the exact shop and if it’s in stock
So you arrive already a bit war torn and weary at the first shop, she tries on the outfit, you offer untold praises upon her when she emerges 30 minutes later from the changing rooms.
Phew. Let’s go to the pub you say, nope. There’s a few more a want to try on, so you spent the next 7 hours trudging beside her desperately showing an interest only for her to tell you when trying on the 27th outfit that she really liked the 1st one. Let’s go back there 🤷‍♂️

Well that pretty much underlines our lack of ambition.

Everyone from the owner down to the majority of fans are happy with relegation avoidance. I wish him well but it saves me £400+ and a whole load of time and petrol money.

I can stay at home listening to the long balls, and gaining throw-by-throw yardage and (hopefully) the wins.
Or we could have taken a big name such as cashardyce, putrid and Bruce will be free soon only to watch exactly the style of football you describe but paying an eye watering amount to them

Interesting that Gallagher will be "first team coach, assisting Frankie, alongside current coach Steve Thompson".

So as well as the switch to "head coach", we've also dispensed with the concept of an assistant manager, instead having a pair of "first team coaches" [comma] "assisting Frankie".
I don't think McAvoy was ever 'assistant manager'. Certainly in the last programme I have, from late 2019, both he and Thompson are listed as 'First Team Coach'.

Why would you need to interview anyone when you have a head coach & backroom staff that have a record of 5 wins in 8 games in situ?
Because 8 games is nothing really - less than 20% of the season. In those 8 games we also got thumped 5-0 at home. To me his record is good and guarantees you a seat at the interview table. But why would you not want to have a look at other head coaches who may be interested before you make your decision. Just seems a little short sighted to me but it is what it is now.

Not my first choice but good luck to him.
Main concerns for me are did he just get lucky or is he really a tactical genius. The way he got it so wrong against Brentford mustn't happen again.

Would have been criminal to offer the Head Coach to anyone else after the recent run of results.

I hope he can get some faces in he wants to work with and the team progress up the league next season.

A cheap option all around- yes . But we all know whoever came in wasn't going to be buying their way to promotion. He has shown he can motivate this bunch of players, who will be the core of the squad.

Good luck to him and PNE.

Not my first choice, and it's not an appointment that makes me tempted to renew my season ticket.

However, his results have been impressive and I wish him all the best next season.

Well that pretty much underlines our lack of ambition.

Everyone from the owner down to the majority of fans are happy with relegation avoidance. I wish him well but it saves me £400+ and a whole load of time and petrol money.

I can stay at home listening to the long balls, and gaining throw-by-throw yardage and (hopefully) the wins.

Who would you appoint then captain hindsight?