PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Frankie McAvoy appointed new head coach (Confirmed).

Let PR focus on something he might have more success in.😉

After a few hours of thought, I still can’t come up with anything within the football industry.
Or any other for that matter !

Having given it some thought, he talks a good game, expert bullshitter with no substance, zero qualifications, very well paid for doing next to nothing,

ESTATE AGENT he would be perfect !!!!!

Absolutely it's a results business and everyone is very happy, it would seem.
The problem I have it was just 8 games with the same players and coaching staff, if we are totally honest little has changed.
It is a start but the real test is whether the club now back Frankie with the quality of players needed to make real progress.
Yeah, we went from Losing to Winning.

Nowts changed.

:rolleyes:

Or any other for that matter !

Having given it some thought, he talks a good game, expert bullshitter with no substance, zero qualifications, very well paid for doing next to nothing,

ESTATE AGENT he would be perfect !!!!!
Politician - even more suited (note I refrained from saying which party - this isn't a political thread 😉)

Seeing the lads celebrating with the bench and staff after scoring , much missed ! Dressing room , management and coaching staff all pulling in one direction again ! Chuffed to bits for gally ! Just gotta keep hunts around now !

Massive credit to FM for turning things around in those last 8 games and he should have everyone's support following his appointment. I've got to say that none of the other (realistic) names being put forward were particularly inspiring so it was probably the most likely outcome in the end.
Obviously we now all hope it proves to be an inspired decision, however i just have a gut feeling that we're going to be sadly disappointed.

Massive credit to FM for turning things around in those last 8 games and he should have everyone's support following his appointment. I've got to say that none of the other (realistic) names being put forward were particularly inspiring so it was probably the most likely outcome in the end.
Obviously we now all hope it proves to be an inspired decision, however i just have a gut feeling that we're going to be sadly disappointed.

We can only wait and see.

By the way Tranmere have just celebrated getting to the play-offs by sacking the manager who got them there - you wonder how long AN might have lasted in that job.

Well it seems that FM has now spoken one-to-one with all the players. So presumably we will find out shortly what he has said to them.

Seems to me that 3 of the other favourites are still involved in the play offs and so we might have had to wait until the end of this month for any of the Blackpool; Lincoln or Oxford managers.... The Wycombe one seemed happy not to leave them.....

so I'm not sure we had any better options and he deserved the chance and seems to speak highly of 'the club; area & fans'.....

We can all be proved right or wrong as the season progresses but the time to act was now not after the play offs.

Yeah, we went from Losing to Winning.

Nowts changed.

:rolleyes:
This is an insightful offering JD but I suspect you know exactly what @tcinders meant, and he has a point.

It was PNE not Frankie who solved the biggest issue. They freed the players from the paralysis of AN’s obsessive negativity by removing him.

Unless I missed something, the sum total of changes Frankie made, was to go two up top, which any of us could see the desperate need for. He then had the sense to use the weapon of Barky’s throw (rather a lot tbh) Did anyone see any real tactical innovations?

Was the upturn in results actually due to Frankie’s influence? or was it more the removal of Alex’s negativity with the usual post sacking ‘bounce’?

We move forward with all the same people in the coaching set up + Paul Gallagher under the leadership of AN’s long standing student / assistant. Maybe it was the case that the entire responsibility for the disaster of last season was Alex Neil’s alone. 🤔

Maybe Alex Neil really had become so bad, he negatively affected the performance of the team and the entire coaching staff?

The question we will soon see answered is ‘does Frankie actually have ideas of his own like Gary Peters did following Beck and Moysie did when he followed Peters?

Obviously the powers that be think so, and I absolutely join most others in wishing Frankie the very best. If I am honest though, I do so in hope rather than expectation.

As always, we will see soon enough.

I must be proper head in the clouds.. Only just read this... Yes a deserved appointment and with Gally a hopefully happy one too...

This is an insightful offering JD but I suspect you know exactly what @tcinders meant, and he has a point.

It was PNE not Frankie who solved the biggest issue. They freed the players from the paralysis of AN’s obsessive negativity by removing him.

Unless I missed something, the sum total of changes Frankie made, was to go two up top, which any of us could see the desperate need for. He then had the sense to use the weapon of Barky’s throw (rather a lot tbh) Did anyone see any real tactical innovations?

Was the upturn in results actually due to Frankie’s influence? or was it more the removal of Alex’s negativity with the usual post sacking ‘bounce’?

We move forward with all the same people in the coaching set up + Paul Gallagher under the leadership of AN’s long standing student / assistant. Maybe it was the case that the entire responsibility for the disaster of last season was Alex Neil’s alone. 🤔

Maybe Alex Neil really had become so bad, he negatively affected the performance of the team and the entire coaching staff?

The question we will soon see answered is ‘does Frankie actually have ideas of his own like Gary Peters did following Beck and Moysie did when he followed Peters?

Obviously the powers that be think so, and I absolutely join most others in wishing Frankie the very best. If I am honest though, I do so in hope rather than expectation.

As always, we will see soon enough.

Time will tell. It’s the hope that kills you.

No. As I said, I'll be perfectly happy sitting at home listening to the hoofball wins. As per recent games I won't be paying for iFollow either.
Good, if that is your attitude. The guy deserved the job.
I know Beet has come in as analyst and 'head of the recruitment dept' but who else have we taken on?
I think plenty of us assumed he'd be straight off to join AN in his next role. The fact he hasn't, I wonder if that means AN doesn't have anything lined up yet. Or perhaps he does, but Frankie has decided the time's right to part company after all these years. (Or of course none of the above. Frankie's just been offered a good job regardless of AN.)
Would you give up a number 1 position for a number 2 position?
Also, if FM has a one year rolling contract, it is very doubtful that any club would pay us the contracted compensation for a number 2.

Is anybody else fed up with people saying that FM is not their first choice but ...!
I can just imagine them repeating that phrase if things start going wrong next season!