PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

General Championship thread

Cardiff manager sacked

It's a poor squad but not surprised in fairness. Seems like they haven't won in about three months.

I think they're going down. Have that feel of club who came down, couldn't get straight back up and with loss of parachutes and owner less interested these days they're a shell of a club just relying on untested youngsters and free transfers.

This club could easily be in same state in 12 months time.

Isn't there some talk they're trying to get Warnock out of retirement? They were like this when he took over in late 2016 so for him to guide them to automatic promotion 18 months later was arguably the best achievement of his career.

It's a poor squad but not surprised in fairness. Seems like they haven't won in about three months.

I think they're going down. Have that feel of club who came down, couldn't get straight back up and with loss of parachutes and owner less interested these days they're a shell of a club just relying on untested youngsters and free transfers.

Isn't there some talk they're trying to get Warnock out of retirement? They were like this when he took over in late 2016 so for him to guide them to automatic promotion 18 months later was arguably the best achievement of his career.

Take Rovers out and I think the other 6 in the top 7 will make the automatics and playoffs.

Great seeing Wigan and Blackpool down there and I’d happily see them down. Just hope we don’t get sucked in

I was listening to Glenn Little on the radio , he was right about Burnley and Sheffield , Boro and West Brom in the play off places but he was right about the rest of the Championship and the infuriating inconsistentency or as the girl put it - consistent in being inconsistent !

There'll be a few more sacked ? , might take time ; their cards are being marked like the incumbent at Preston ?

Sadly true - new manager bounce come to Preston

QPR's Neil Critchley , that was his job at Blackpool to know the team down the M55 .

Goal that had been practiced on the training ground , either give the opposition a set piece and / or conceed from it ?

Two giant centre halves taking care of Ched Evans , a well organised team that played far better football than PNE that resorted to lumping it .

Millwall over ran the midfield & got the ball wide as they knew there was players out of position ?

The Watford owners have sold Udinese and part of their share in Watford to an American investment group, not sure what this means for the immediate future of Watford but i wonder if new owners might be a bit more lenient with their managers

Denying it of course , please don't shoot the messenger ! .

Also saw something about the club offering him a train to Paris , it was his agent that arranged a plane with a unqualified pilot .

Make of it what you will .