PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

General Election 2024(or sooner)

Mindless acceptance? From someone who will vote to change the worst government this country has ever had for one that I believe will be a better one compared to you who wants to tick 'none of the above' and maintain this mess? Pot. Kettle. Black.
It’s not about mindless acceptance, it’s about realism. In the current climate a left wing Labour leader is not going to be elected, end of.

So, what do you want? Because with your philosophy we’d have Tory governments for ever more.

You two lads are getting very close to accusing me of " enabling " these tory wankers by not voting............... Don't go there please because the problem isn't with me ( or anyone else that gives a vote two fingers )..... This is a matter of principle and the two fingers are very much wagging at our corrupt system and the useless politicians that leech off it.

You're looking in the wrong direction fellas. Even Phil has got his head round it after abusing me for years for not voting. :)

The system needs changing and I'm very unlikely to play ball until it does.

And as Phil quite rightly pointed out ( even though he hates him ) Farage and co got millions of votes and one seat in Parliament. You're being played for fools chaps but knock yourselves out if you want to be used.

You two lads are getting very close to accusing me of " enabling " these tory wankers by not voting............... Don't go there please because the problem isn't with me ( or anyone else that gives a vote two fingers )..... This is a matter of principle and the two fingers are very much wagging at our corrupt system and the useless politicians that leech off it.

You're looking in the wrong direction fellas. Even Phil has got his head round it after abusing me for years for not voting. :)

The system needs changing and I'm very unlikely to play ball until it does.

And as Phil quite rightly pointed out ( even though he hates him ) Farage and co got millions of votes and one seat in Parliament. You're being played for fools chaps but knock yourselves out if you want to be used.
I agree Libs, the system needs changing. But as it is now, all we can do as voters is keep the Tories out. Maybe you'd rather they stayed in power? It might end up being the best of two evils going for Labour rn, but I'm not so sure, so I'm prepared to give Starmer a chance.

I will be going to the ballot box, even if it means spoiling a paper. Hopefully there will be a decent alternative to vote for by then.

At the moment I dont have the option to vote for either labour or Tory as the speaker of the house is basically the only one on the ballot box.

I think Hoyle has been good for Chorley but i think his time as speaker has been disappointing. I caveat that with the fact there really has never been a time in Politics quite like this.

I agree Libs, the system needs changing. But as it is now, all we can do as voters is keep the Tories out. Maybe you'd rather they stayed in power? It might end up being the best of two evils going for Labour rn, but I'm not so sure, so I'm prepared to give Starmer a chance.

Which is how they've controlled us for decades.... We'll just let them do it again ( by swopping power ) and laugh at us yet again. Give me a half decent opposition with principles then I'm in.... But not because it's a slightly less of a corrupt parasite. No thanks.

Which is how they've controlled us for decades.... We'll just let them do it again ( by swopping power ) and laugh at us yet again. Give me a half decent opposition with principles then I'm in.... But not because it's a slightly less of a corrupt parasite. No thanks.

I can't see how you can make a sweeping statement like that without any basis. Give them a chance, it can't be any worse and it just might be better.

I can't see how you can make a sweeping statement like that without any basis. Give them a chance, it can't be any worse and it just might be better.

What are their policies LiS? Other than keeping very quiet and not rocking the boat. You honestly can't see the strategy?

What are their policies LiS? Other than keeping very quiet and not rocking the boat. You honestly can't see the strategy?
They don't have any policies yet which is why I don't know. Hopefully they will before the GE.

Why are you sure they're corrupt?

As a former Labour member Ive already had the chance to vote for starmer, I didnt but these are the Policies he campaigned to become leader on and what has happened since.

The bottom line, for me anyway, is how can I trust him to be honest with the nation when he has made no attempt whatever to be honest about his pledges to his own membership.

As a former Labour member Ive already had the chance to vote for starmer, I didnt but these are the Policies he campaigned to become leader on and what has happened since.

The bottom line, for me anyway, is how can I trust him to be honest with the nation when he has made no attempt whatever to be honest about his pledges to his own membership.
the bottom line for me is that you definitely can't trust the Tories, with Labour under Starmer we don't know.

I've seen that too..... He almost backflips on every moral statement he's ever made on a weekly basis.... Slime ball in my view.

They don't have any policies yet which is why I don't know. Hopefully they will before the GE.

Why are you sure they're corrupt?

I suppose that was slightly unfair as I'm sure they have some very honest/moral individual members................ But as a " collective " and with the leadership they have, they're as bent as a nine bob note.

I've seen that too..... He almost backflips on every moral statement he's ever made on a weekly basis.... Slime ball in my view.
He's a politician, what else would you expect? ;)

There are no good politicians so all you can do imo is vote for the least worse. Conviction politicians are the thing of history, which in effect means so is democracy.

As much as I hated Thatcher, at least she had conviction. So did Corbyn, and he got hammered by the right wing MSM. It's going to be that way for the foreseeable future imo so pragmatism is the only way for me, there's little point in hoping for something that isn't going to happen.

I'm afraid you and Raef are in dreamland if you expect that to change.

He's a politician, what else would you expect? ;)

There are no good politicians so all you can do imo is vote for the least worse. Conviction politicians are the thing of history, which in effect means so is democracy.

As much as I hated Thatcher, at least she had conviction. So did Corbin, and he got hammered by the right wing MSM. It's going to be that way for the foreseeable future imo so pragmatism is the only way for me, there's little point in hoping for something that isn't going to happen.

I'm afraid you and Raef are in dreamland if you expect that to change.

No you don't... But until we stop doing it nothing will ever change........You're the only one in dreamland if you think that keep playing the game will change anything.

EG.... If only a Million people voted at the next election, then believe you me things would be changed.

No you don't... But until we stop doing it nothing will ever change........You're the only one in dreamland if you think that keep playing the game will change anything.

EG.... If only a Million people voted at the next election, then believe you me things would be changed.
I agree but that won't happen, there's a lot more than a million Tories and they'll continue voting to keep the "lefties" out, no matter what.

Do you reckon?

I dont because they will still say they have a mandate to do as they wish.

I agree but that won't happen, there's a lot more than a million Tories and they'll continue voting to keep the "lefties" out, no matter what.

Starmers no " Leftie "....... The mere fact that the media aren't shredding him tells us everything we need to know.

IE.... Being given the illusion of having a choice and then making one doesn't necessarily mean you had one to begin with.

Do you reckon?

I dont because they will still say they have a mandate to do as they wish.

You know what my point was you pair of pedants....... A massive downturn in voting numbers might just get some arses in gear... Hey, we might even get some new/decent parties with changes to our political system possible........ Sadly it's the only way I can see it happening.

You know what my point was you pair of pedants....... A massive downturn in voting numbers might just get some arses in gear... Hey, we might even get some new/decent parties with changes to our political system possible........ Sadly it's the only way I can see it happening.
You make a good point on new parties emerging because of voter apathy, but as I said the Tories will always vote to keep the status quo, it's in their best interest.