PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Guitars

Evening All,
Just to let you know, I'm just parceling up a huge consignment of fender guitar parts to send to Amazon. bridges, pots, pickguards, Wilkinson pickups, etc. If anyone needs any before I send it, let me know asap. I also have 3 high quality ukuleles available at less that cost price. Please pm me if you are interested, I'm in Longridge now.

That’s a serious first amp! 😂 My first amp was a Woolworths (Audition brand) 15w amp with a fuzz box… I used to open the bedroom window so all the neighbours could hear me learning the whole of Never Mind The Bollocks 🤣

I’m just a sucker for Gretsches, they’ll always be the coolest guitars for me. Ibanez have always made good guitars, your old Epi sounds nice though. I hate that feeling when you’ve sold a guitar you wish you hadn’t!

If you like strat types, depending on how much you want to spend you could also also have a look at Levinson Blade. I’ve got an original Swiss-made model, which is basically a super strat with active electronics, mid boost, cut etc.,
It’s an unbelievably well made and versatile guitar, you can get any sound out of them. I must have done well over 500 shows with my one and it’s never missed a beat - superb instrument.

Here’s a pic of mine…

View attachment 18807
Serious bit of kit that Gordon. I had zak wylde emg active pickups on a les paul some years ago. Still got the pups, albeit they're all scratched up - vintage looking !

Serious bit of kit that Gordon. I had zak wylde emg active pickups on a les paul some years ago. Still got the pups, albeit they're all scratched up - vintage looking !
I’d imagine they’re pretty pokey pickups! I’ve never had EMGs on any of my guitars but I’ve played a few - they’re usually pretty bright and VERY loud in my experience! 😂

My Levinson is an absolute workhorse, it can do pretty much anything. It was originally 3-single coils but I swapped the bridge out for a Kent Armstrong hot rail back in the 90s (fitted by Kent Armstrong himself no less).

The amp in the picture is an old Paul Rivera designed Fender Concert, basically the last of the original point to point wired Fender amps. They’re really undervalued amps and well worth buying if you spot one for cheap. Clean channel is classic Fender and the drive channel has Boogie style cascading gain - you can get a very nice just broken up sound from it. It’s a great platform for pedals and has an adjustable fx loop.

Not sure if I need any gear at the moment (got a house full!) but have you got a list/prices of the bits you’re selling?

Too many parts to list !! Just hardware replacements for Fenders that I used for my builds and a couple of my own custom body designs - double cutaway tele with three single coils and a back loaded Strat style body.. Trying to clear space as the I don't have room for it any more (I hope to be back building custom guitars when we move house and I have the space for my CNC and laser engraving machinery. Really missing my oversize double garage in Canada that I converted into a workshop !

The Fender concert has a look of the De Luxe that I had years ago. I loved that amp but had to sell it when we originally moved to Canada. I've just picked up a Boss Katana 50w. Really good modelling amp. Your guitar looks a lot like mine - although my selector switches are in/off/out of phase on each pickup. When I have time I'll be adding an onboard compressor .

I’ve heard the Katanas are good. I’ve got a Deluxe too, they sound amazing when you crank them up. The Concert is a 1x12, but in a bigger cabinet than a Deluxe. I played an old 70s Fender Twin for years, sounded beautiful but got sick of lugging it around!

So your pickups are wired like Brian May’s Red Special with the option to reverse the phase? I don’t know why more guitar makers don’t do that, you can get some great sounds that way. An onboard comp is a good idea too, I have an old MXR red comp which is always on - you could probably fit the circuitry for that on board quite easily,

There’s a second hand Gretsch available sadly.

RIP Duane.
Yep, RIP indeed - he was great and a genuine pioneer.

I’ve still got an original copy of “Have Twangy Guitar, Will Travel” in my old vinyls - I learned guitar by listening to a mix of old rock n roll and punk rock and the tunes on that album were some of the first I learned.

I have one of these my parents bought me when I was about 12. Haven't touched in ages and the kids have no interest. What's the best way to sell it?
Not me btw.

Yep, RIP indeed - he was great and a genuine pioneer.

I’ve still got an original copy of “Have Twangy Guitar, Will Travel” in my old vinyls - I learned guitar by listening to a mix of old rock n roll and punk rock and the tunes on that album were some of the first I learned.

Great stuff.

Wish I could play but I’m blessed with the gift of a golden voice.

I have one of these my parents bought me when I was about 12. Haven't touched in ages and the kids have no interest. What's the best way to sell it?
Not me btw.

Interesting, not seen one of those for years.

Ebay’s your best bet to sell it.

What sort of nick is it in/how much you want for it?

Interesting, not seen one of those for years.

Ebay’s your best bet to sell it.

What sort of nick is it in/how much you want for it?
A lot.
Original Humbuker pick ups.
Faux leather suit
If I go through my mum and dads old stuff enough I could probably find the recipt to prove providence

That’s a serious first amp! 😂 My first amp was a Woolworths (Audition brand) 15w amp with a fuzz box… I used to open the bedroom window so all the neighbours could hear me learning the whole of Never Mind The Bollocks 🤣

I’m just a sucker for Gretsches, they’ll always be the coolest guitars for me. Ibanez have always made good guitars, your old Epi sounds nice though. I hate that feeling when you’ve sold a guitar you wish you hadn’t!

If you like strat types, depending on how much you want to spend you could also also have a look at Levinson Blade. I’ve got an original Swiss-made model, which is basically a super strat with active electronics, mid boost, cut etc.,
It’s an unbelievably well made and versatile guitar, you can get any sound out of them. I must have done well over 500 shows with my one and it’s never missed a beat - superb instrument.

Here’s a pic of mine…

View attachment 18807

I’ve heard the Katanas are good. I’ve got a Deluxe too, they sound amazing when you crank them up. The Concert is a 1x12, but in a bigger cabinet than a Deluxe. I played an old 70s Fender Twin for years, sounded beautiful but got sick of lugging it around!

So your pickups are wired like Brian May’s Red Special with the option to reverse the phase? I don’t know why more guitar makers don’t do that, you can get some great sounds that way. An onboard comp is a good idea too, I have an old MXR red comp which is always on - you could probably fit the circuitry for that on board quite easily,
The strat setup is based on the wiring of a Red Special (Built it myself) although it has some Burns' copy pups. Couldn't afford the Burns pups because I'm just a poor boy, from a poor family, spending his cash on his sons student fees.....:)