PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Injuries thread 21/22

Safe journey Ernie

Thanks. Just after 5.00pm UK time I shall be stepping out into the heat of Dubai which I believe has one of if not the tallest building in the world. I have been briefly to Bahrain some time ago but this will be my first time in that part of the Gulf. So all around me will be a mix of technological modernity and Middle Eastern tradition. Yet whatever sight greets me the thought that will be uppermost in my mind will be 'How have the North End done?' Could anything else be the case?

Thanks. Just after 5.00pm UK time I shall be stepping out into the heat of Dubai which I believe has one of if not the tallest building in the world. I have been briefly to Bahrain some time ago but this will be my first time in that part of the Gulf. So all around me will be a mix of technological modernity and Middle Eastern tradition. Yet whatever sight greets me the thought that will be uppermost in my mind will be 'How have the North End done?' Could anything else be the case?

Hope you can track down some red wine Ernest.

Hope you can track down some red wine Ernest.

There are some decent Lebanese red wines from the Bekaa Valley - though that's a looooong way from Dubai 🤣

No.Player25 man squadInjury dateInjuryLatest Update
1Declan
Rudd
Yes03/11Wee KnockNo update
2Sepp
Van Den Berg
YesNone
3Greg
Cunningham
YesNone
4Ben
Whiteman
YesNone
5Pat
Bauer
Yes06/11Achilles18/11 - Back in training
6Liam
Lindsay
YesNone
7Tom
Bayliss
Out on loanNone
8Alan
Browne
YesNone
9Ched
Evans
Yes13/09Plantar Fasciitis18/11 - Back in training
10Josh
Harrop
No26/08Not knownNo Update
11Daniel
Johnson
YesNone
12Dan
Iversen
YesNone
13Ali
McCann
YesNone
14Jordan
Storey
YesNone
15Joe
Rafferty
YesNone
16Andrew
Hughes
YesNone
18Ryan
Ledson
YesNone
19Emil
Riis
YesNone
20Izzy
Brown
No20/07AchillesOut for the season
21Connor
Wickham
No21/09Hamstring18/11 - Out running
22Matt
Olusunde
Yes28/10Hamstring16/11 - Played 60 mins in the Central League
23Paul
Huntington
YesNone
24Sean
Maguire
Yes06/11Wee knock18/11 - Back in training
25Connor
Ripley
Out on loanNone
28Matt
Hudson
YesNone
29Tom
Barkhuizen
YesNone
31Scott
Sinclair
YesNone
32Josh
Earl
Yes

If its in your blood its in your blood!!
I can remember in the late 60s walking a 3mile round trip from a family wedding, to get an Evening Post with the half time scores, in what I think was called the stop press, a text column added in the bottom right hand corner just before printing!!
No radio commentary or sky TV in them days !!!

Murphy appears to have fallen off a cliff after his minor injury keeping him out a few weeks

I think the postman should change his name to Frankie ‘I think’ McAvoy cause that’s all he bloody says 🤦
I don't know why he bothers with his optimistic timescales either. They don't heal any quicker just because he's all glass-half-full about it.

Evans has been out for 10 weeks since he got a "wee nick" originally supposed to clear up in 5 days, while Olosunde (prior to his current hamstring injury) was out for 11 weeks with an "ankle tweak" originally forecast to last only a couple of weeks.

And FM has dished out regular unrealistic "Saturday is maybe too soon for him" updates for these two for months now.

If he wants to look less gormless, he just needs to say from the outset "he's probably out for months" - as no doubt Murphy and Rudd will also turn out to be.

I don't know why he bothers with his optimistic timescales either. They don't heal any quicker just because he's all glass-half-full about it.

Evans has been out for 10 weeks since he got a "wee nick" originally supposed to clear up in 5 days, while Olosunde (prior to his current hamstring injury) was out for 11 weeks with an "ankle tweak" originally forecast to last only a couple of weeks.

And FM has dished out regular unrealistic "Saturday is maybe too soon for him" updates for these two for months now.

If he wants to look less gormless, he just needs to say from the outset "he's probably out for months" - as no doubt Murphy and Rudd will also turn out to be.
Maybe he is telling the media what the club's doctor and/or physio, Matt Jackson, is telling him.