PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Injuries?

Yoowell

Patron
Of the two I would be a bit more worried about Potts….seemed to be feeling his hamstring.
Browne looked like a bit of fatigue?

Has Holmes ever played as a full back at previous clubs?

He has energy so I think he could do a job for a game or two if needs by.

I presume Millar is an option for RWB too - he’d be able to go outside his fullback on the right too, rather than having to cut in to cross with his right.

If we did that, then Best/Brady cover the left which isn’t necessarily a disaster.

Has Holmes ever played as a full back at previous clubs?

He has energy so I think he could do a job for a game or two if needs by.
He barely manages to play 60 minutes as an attacking midfielder without running out of steam. Wingback is the most physically demanding position in our team, he’d break before half time playing there even if he was fit.

And for a guy with his fitness record, it would be borderline negligent flogging him out there to cover for our own failure in recruitment

If Potts is injured I'd switch Millar to the right and play Brady on the left. Brady had actually been OK recently when coming on as sub....

If Browne is out I'd push Whiteman further forward into the Browne role and bring in McCann

I presume Millar is an option for RWB too - he’d be able to go outside his fullback on the right too, rather than having to cut in to cross with his right.

If we did that, then Best/Brady cover the left which isn’t necessarily a disaster.

Millar must be kept in the front 4 at all costs, simply aren't getting anywhere near top 6 if he's being asked to spend large spells in his own half defending.

Can't actually believe people are advocating moving Millar from the left wing.
Why not? It’s an option if Potts is out and we’re desperate - that’s all.

Millar is right footed after all, so no reason why he couldn’t do a job there.