PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Is Sam Johnsone any good ?

Yes, good Championship keeper.

Jordan Pickford who we had on loan from Sunderland was on another level but Johnstone is still capable, much prefer him to Lindegaard who we've brought in this summer.

On loan, or permanent?

Yes, good Championship keeper.

Jordan Pickford who we had on loan from Sunderland was on another level but Johnstone is still capable, much prefer him to Lindegaard who we've brought in this summer.

On loan, or permanent?

Loan, we've got a pretty decent keeper to start with, but our back up is just a kid.

Loan, we've got a pretty decent keeper to start with, but our back up is just a kid.

He's a very good young keeper so won't be going on loan to sit on the bench anywhere. United wouldn't loan him out to be no.2 either so he would have to start for you probably.

We've been linked with him, see that he was on loan with PNE last season was he any good ?.

Apparently its rumoured that 10 clubs are want to sign him. He's a Preston lad who's Dad also played for us, was a very good loan signing for us & again its Rumoured that he wants to re-join us on a Permanent basis next Summer after his contract ends at utd after enjoying playing for the club in which the city he was born in?

Honestly don't get the fuss over Johnstone. Average young keeper.

Has potential purely because of his age.

All in my opinion, of course.

You're right, I didn't. From what I've seen Lindegaard is a better keeper.

He was the main reason we came away from Ashton Gate with 3 points. It was a Pickford-esque display. He had a bad game against Brentford like all the other Preston players on the pitch. I think Lindegaard is very average and ended his loan spell sloppily. He's not a long-term solution either because he only wanted a 1 year deal.

Johnstone is a good keeper and has a fair bit of experience for his age. He still has alot to learn but would be a good loan. But as others have said, he will not be warming your bench.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

He was the main reason we came away from Ashton Gate with 3 points. It was a Pickford-esque display. He had a bad game against Brentford like all the other Preston players on the pitch. I think Lindegaard is very average and ended his loan spell sloppily. He's not a long-term solution either because he only wanted a 1 year deal.

Was it Lindegaard who wanted a i year deal or was he only offered one because we want to sign Johnstone next summer?

I thought he looked a bit kak when he was last here.

Excellent, well done. He played 4 games, 2 of which we won and a draw in one of the others after he hadn't played since the PO Final win and he's described as 'kak'.

He's a very good keeper. Still young and already got championship football under his belt. Will be a good addition to anyone's team.

He's a good keeper, but erratic kicker.

Some believe (because he was born in Preston and is the son of an ex-PNE keeper) that it is written in the stars that he is destined to be our keeper for many years to come, while others don't.

Was screwed around a lot by United, but he's out of contract next summer, when no doubt there'll be an almighty scramble for his signature.

Apparently its rumoured that 10 clubs are want to sign him. He's a Preston lad who's Dad also played for us, was a very good loan signing for us & again its Rumoured that he wants to re-join us on a Permanent basis next Summer after his contract ends at utd after enjoying playing for the club in which the city he was born in?

Hope this is true Keith