PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Iversen signs on loan January '21 (confirmed)

At first I wasn't sure about this (mainly because I've never heard if him). However looking at his record he's played 80 times in last two and a half seasons and been first choice at Oldham and Rotherham in bottom 2 divisions so just looking to find that championship loan where he can get a run of games.

Some good 2nd and 3rd choices in the prem but many haven't really played that much in recent times so hopefully this guy can hit the ground running on Saturday.

At first I wasn't sure about this (mainly because I've never heard if him). However looking at his record he's played 80 times in last two and a half seasons and been first choice at Oldham and Rotherham in bottom 2 divisions so just looking to find that championship loan where he can get a run of games.

Some good 2nd and 3rd choices in the prem but many haven't really played that much in recent times so hopefully this guy can hit the ground running on Saturday.
Worked with our goalkeeping coach at Rotherham. He must think he’s good enough if we’ve signed him above the older, more experienced keeper we initially had in mind.

Cheers, we have a decent record with relatively young keepers on loan.

Pickford probably is the best keeper I've seen play for us.

Sam Johnstone was also excellent and even Rudd has done well since his first loan with us.

He is certain to get games as our back up keeper is gash.

Hopefully it works well for all parties and Politt having worked with him before is really encouraging.

Welcome Daniel. Looks to be a sound addition, much preferable to a punt on an unknown.
Look forward to seeing you in action, if you are approaching a par with Pickford when here then you’ll do for me & many more.
As for Pickford being the best you’ve seen play for us JK, I’d agree he was impressive and above even the capable Johnstone. Agreed with many he would play for England.
As good as he was, I still prefer another international ‘keeper, a certain Alan Kelly Sr, a gentleman I had the great pleasure to watch and who inspired me to take up the (thin green cloth!) gloves.
“A colossus between the posts, goalkeeper Alan Kelly spent a remarkable 13 years at Deepdale, turning himself into a club legend in the process, making a still club record 513 appearances.”
Hope to see our new addition providing meaningful competition to Rudd very soon.

A Rotherham fan says that Iversen is much better than Jamal Blackman who is playing in goal for them this season and he was disappointed he didn't re-sign.

Welcome Daniel. Looks to be a sound addition, much preferable to a punt on an unknown.
Look forward to seeing you in action, if you are approaching a par with Pickford when here then you’ll do for me & many more.
As for Pickford being the best you’ve seen play for us JK, I’d agree he was impressive and above even the capable Johnstone. Agreed with many he would play for England.
As good as he was, I still prefer another international ‘keeper, a certain Alan Kelly Sr, a gentleman I had the great pleasure to watch and who inspired me to take up the (thin green cloth!) gloves.
“A colossus between the posts, goalkeeper Alan Kelly spent a remarkable 13 years at Deepdale, turning himself into a club legend in the process, making a still club record 513 appearances.”
Hope to see our new addition providing meaningful competition to Rudd very soon.
What was his son like as a player? Made a fair few appearances for us and played at a decent level after leaving us but rarely see him mentioned on here.

What was his son like as a player? Made a fair few appearances for us and played at a decent level after leaving us but rarely see him mentioned on here.

Seemed to break his leg a lot and got slagged off quite a bit, as was often the case at the time with homegrown players for some reason.

Made a few howlers, as all young keepers do, but only an absolute moron could fail to see that he was destined for a good career.

Frustratingly, we sold him just as he was getting to be consistently good!

Battled with Simon Tracey for the Sheffield United shirt and never let Ireland down.

A very good keeper.

Seemed to break his leg a lot and got slagged off quite a bit, as was often the case at the time with homegrown players for some reason.

Made a few howlers, as all young keepers do, but only an absolute moron could fail to see that he was destined for a good career.

Frustratingly, we sold him just as he was getting to be consistently good!

Battled with Simon Tracey for the Sheffield United shirt and never let Ireland down.

A very good keeper.
Don't think that much has changed tbh.