PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Jamie Jones

What about the corner in the first half where he tried to punch but completely missed the flight of the ball? What about when the palmed the ball back into the 6 yard box instead of catching it in the second half? How about every single corner and cross that came in with him rooted to his line. Mate. He's shit.

None of those led to goals though, therefore they are not mistakes.

Football 101 is you rarely blame the keeper as its the defenders job to make sure there not called upon, unless he is pulling off Schmeichalesque saves and keeping a clean sheet every game some people will never be happy.

None of those led to goals though, therefore they are not mistakes.

Football 101 is you rarely blame the keeper as its the defenders job to make sure there not called upon, unless he is pulling off Schmeichalesque saves and keeping a clean sheet every game some people will never be happy.

Ofcourse it's a mistake. Just because it didn't lead to a goal doesn't mean it isn't a mistake.

I've not slated Jones so far this season up until last night. For me he has proved he is a good shot stopper, but his inability to come out and punch the ball doesn't fill any of us with confidence.

As a footnote, Rudd signed a new 3 year deal with Norwich, he isn't coming back. Face it

I've not slated Jones so far this season up until last night. For me he has proved he is a good shot stopper, but his inability to come out and punch the ball doesn't fill any of us with confidence.

As a footnote, Rudd signed a new 3 year deal with Norwich, he isn't coming back. Face it

Thanks mate non of us were capable of working that out on our own

Fucking hell fire. Are you being serious?

So if a keeper completely spoons a simple back pass for example and it ends up going out for a corner or throw in, it's not a mistake? Jesus.

Did any of those so called mistakes result in a corner, throw in or goal?

No they didn't.

I will change my wording now, goalkeepers make mistakes, its when it is a punished mistake that they should be called on it.

No they didn't.

I will change my wording now, goalkeepers make mistakes, its when it is a punished mistake that they should be called on it.

From there we could ask whats a defensive mistake , being turned caught out of position , needless freekick's given away , losing your man , awful distribution ? because standing in front of the keeper that's whats going on and that's just the back 4 . no wonder the keeper is making mistakes

From there we could ask whats a defensive mistake , being turned caught out of position , needless freekick's given away , losing your man , awful distribution ? because standing in front of the keeper that's whats going on and that's just the back 4 . no wonder the keeper is making mistakes

Sorry only part of your post makes sense.

All the above mentioned are defensive mistakes, I agree.

No they didn't.

OK that makes a bit more sense. That being said, it's not as black and white as you make out. A goalkeeper commanding his area breeds confidence in the team. It also makes the opposition re-think their strategy. If you keep hanging balls up in the air and the keeper claims them no problem then you need to change what you're doing. If you spot a weakness then you keep aiming to exploit that weakness until you finally expose it. We're going to have countless balls into the box because we are vulnerable to it. It's a massive weakness in his game that needs to be rectified immediately.

What exactly did Jones do wrong last night? 1st goal was a fantastic finish, 2nd was a back post tap in and the 3rd a penalty

What a stupid place to put the blame.

Not going to play silly bollox with you , my point is he's being lambasted for mistakes standing behind a dodgy defense , doesn't get any simpler .

Being rooted to your line has nothing to do with bad defending. OK the full backs should be trying to stop the cross initially but when they can't then it's down to your keeper to deal with it. That's what he's paid for.

Being rooted to your line has nothing to do with bad defending. OK the full backs should be trying to stop the cross initially but when they can't then it's down to your keeper to deal with it. That's what he's paid for.

Excellent point, but you could argue that the first responsibility when the ball comes into the box falls at the CB's feet. Keepers should be the last ones blamed when it comes to a goal.

OK that makes a bit more sense. That being said, it's not as black and white as you make out. A goalkeeper commanding his area breeds confidence in the team. It also makes the opposition re-think their strategy. If you keep hanging balls up in the air and the keeper claims them no problem then you need to change what you're doing. If you spot a weakness then you keep aiming to exploit that weakness until you finally expose it. We're going to have countless balls into the box because we are vulnerable to it. It's a massive weakness in his game that needs to be rectified immediately.

I agree, Stuckmann has more presence than Jones as well. The loss off Rudd may be more costly than we thought.

He's not great but could a lot of his errors be down to having a defense that lets those crosses fly in or a midfield with gaping holes or the fact we give so many stupid free kicks away ? but if people are stupid enough to believe he is the root cause then so be it continue the witch hunt .

Its not a witch hunt, he is shit and one of the problems.

Excellent point, but you could argue that the first responsibility when the ball comes into the box falls at the CB's feet. Keepers should be the last ones blamed when it comes to a goal.

Goalkeeper commands the six yard box. End of.

Not going to play silly bollox with you , my point is he's being lambasted for mistakes standing behind a dodgy defense , doesn't get any simpler .

Dodgy defence or great defence why have i never seen him once this season come out and catch a ball ? This in itself can create a "dodgy defence".

Commanding your area and presence are how a keeper should be judged in my opinion. Making worldie saves however impressive they look is in the majority of a professional goalkeepers makeup. Its the other side of their game that separates them ability wise. This is where Jones has a major weakness.

Stuckmann has this in his game. He won player of the season 2 years ago and needs a good solid run of games. He is more than capable at this level and in my opinion the defence will grow stronger with him between the sticks.