PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer Window Overview - January 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
3rd time lucky!

Who would have thought Donny F**kin Rovers are holding us to ransom?

Our birds will fly out of the nest and there's nothing we can do about it!

Why does Mowatt want out of Barnsley anyway? Can't imagine he's eyeing up a massive club.

He’s always said he wants to stay, but we can’t agree a contract with him, he’s our captain, he’s a quality player for this league, he’s only 25, and he’s played well over 200 championship games. He’s going to attract clubs that pay a lot more than us. It’s a big decision for the lad dose he want to stay in Doncaster on less money than he can get elsewhere, or does he cash in on a 4 year deal whilst he can.

We are not replacing like for like are we. It just seems that the overall quality will be less than the departing players. I don't know, I may be wrong.

We are not replacing like for like are we. It just seems that the overall quality will be less than the departing players. I don't know, I may be wrong.
Why say it then if you don’t know?

Nixon is saying that we have had 2bids rejected for Whiteman

Does anyone not think the fact Nixon is saying 'yet' and not using the word rejected either signifies the fact there holding out for now but when they realise we may not up it they may accept at a later date?

New poster UTW!! Less off the negativity.

He’s always said he wants to stay, but we can’t agree a contract with him, he’s our captain, he’s a quality player for this league, he’s only 25, and he’s played well over 200 championship games. He’s going to attract clubs that pay a lot more than us. It’s a big decision for the lad dose he want to stay in Doncaster on less money than he can get elsewhere, or does he cash in on a 4 year deal whilst he can.
He’s only 25?!? Blimey I thought he was like 30. Feels like he’s been around for ages

It’s a difficult situation to judge in my opinion, lots of different factors to assess, we’ve just lost Matty James and that’ll be a big loss, but we’re in a very good position in the league, and we have a strong squad, all be it lacking quality strikers. In midfield we have three young lads Palmer, Kane, and Styles, who would all cost over or around two million each to buy had they had 75 to 100 games in league one. Mowatt is worth £3M to £4M to us the minute you put him on a 4 year deal. With 6 months left I would expect anywhere near £1.2M for him, but if we needed him to stay up I wouldn’t accept double that. It’s a tricky one.
Well then, looks like we can help you out matey!! How about a bustling centre forward? Quick, agile, deadly in the air. We're desperate for him to stay but his style doesn't suit our on the deck pass and move flowing style of play. Unfortunately.

I’ve wanted us to sign Mowatt for the last two seasons so maybe I’m biased, but I think he’d be a better option than Whiteman. Same age almost but Mowatt way more experienced at this level, and looking like the cheaper option even at the top end of Barnsley’s demands

I’ve wanted us to sign Mowatt for the last two seasons so maybe I’m biased, but I think he’d be a better option than Whiteman. Same age almost but Mowatt way more experienced at this level, and looking like the cheaper option even at the top end of Barnsley’s demands
I’m greedy, I’d like us to sign both of them. They are both captains, both leaders and we lack leaders on the pitch. If we’ve offered £17k a week for 4 of our players that are nearing the end of their contracts you would think that we could afford to sign both of these players. These are the type of players we should be signing imo.

We're not in any position to put any decent player "in exile".

We've just seen what the fringe players can do.

The good run over xmas was without Pearson involved. Indeed team only won 3 of the 9 championship games he's featured in this season, 7 wins from 14 he's missed.

Brilliant servant and player for the club but time to move on I suspect. Even without Whitman Ledson and Molumby can do a decent job ratting around central midfield I suspect and got Browne aswell for now.

DJ hasn't been great this season and Sinclair will score his penalties in the future. I agree it's not as simple as putting Browne back to number 10 if he signs again though as you lose that finesse on the ball.

Really most important player to keep if club is serious about any sort of play off challenge is Davies. Defence really settled down again since he returned and really it's all on Hemmings and Risdale if the club were turning down 3m offers in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.