PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

La Liga title race

Pumba

A “significant” poster
Patron
Anyone keeping tabs on this? Only just taken notice myself.

Sevilla are on course to beat Real at the Bernabeu tonight and stay in a four horse race with only three games left to play (although they’d be unlikely winners being four points behind)!

Atletico secured a crucial draw at Barca yesterday to stay top. If Real had won tonight, they'd have gone first themselves courtesy of better head-to-head record with Atletico. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen anything like it with so few games left to play. Madness.

Real have just equalised in the 94th minute!! They go second, two points behind Atletico. Sevilla probably drop out of the race, albeit not mathematically.

I think Atletico will win the remaining 3 games and get over the line. Would be a big achievement to win it again by Simeone, 7 years after their last league title.

Don’t do it mods. Let him wallow in humiliation at not being able to spell a four letter word
Nice one jamesOB, you’ve just lost my vote if you ever stand in a mod election.

I think Atletico will win the remaining 3 games and get over the line. Would be a big achievement to win it again by Simeone, 7 years after their last league title.
The transformation Simeone has enacted at Atletico is pretty remarkable.

He’s turned an underachieving club (albeit a big one), chaotic on and off the pitch, into one with global appeal. He’s also done it with a budget that is a fraction of Real’s and Barca’s (well, it was in the early years; they signed that Felix for £113m not so long ago so obviously shopping in a different market now).

Good article here:

https://www.skysports.com/football/...erviews-with-jan-oblak-and-jose-luis-caminero

La Liga Loco.

Barca/At.Madrid made a right pigs ear of it yesterday, apart from Oblak's ridiculous save from Messi the game was short of real opportunities.

Still all to play for but remember H2H results count ahead of Goal Difference which means Real would beat Atletico to the title if Atletico slip up and Real win their 3 remaining games.

The transformation Simeone has enacted at Atletico is pretty remarkable.

He’s turned an underachieving club (albeit a big one), chaotic on and off the pitch, into one with global appeal. He’s also done it with a budget that is a fraction of Real’s and Barca’s (well, it was in the early years; they signed that Felix for £113m not so long ago so obviously shopping in a different market now).

Good article here:

https://www.skysports.com/football/...erviews-with-jan-oblak-and-jose-luis-caminero
He has come within 60 seconds of injury time (2014) and a penalty shootout (2016) of winning the Champions League. Now within 3 games of a 2nd league title and as you've said, this has enabled the club to transform off the pitch too.

Tough times ahead for La Liga though, the last few years in the Champions League have shown that on the European stage they are not as strong as the Premier League sides, compared to the previous 5 years when Spanish sides were totally dominating, and financially Covid has left them in dire straits compared to the big teams in the Prem.

There's a reason why Florentino Perez was the main ringleader of the Super League and it's because clubs like Real simply don't have the money anymore to compete with the Prem clubs and they needed a new money spinning league. Same applies with Juventus and Barca really.

Simeone one of the best managers about.

He won the league in a Messi dominated Barcelona, and Ronaldo dominated Madrid, I don’t exaggerate when i say thats one of the finest achievements there is.

Hope they hang on, they were 9 points in front with a game in hand.

Levante 3-3 Barcelona.

Atleti now only need 2 wins out of 3 to finish above Barca. Still need to win all 3 to finish above Real as it stands.

Atleti with 2 goals in the final 8 minutes to win 2-1 at home to Osasuna with one game to go. If they’d only drawn, Real would have been too going into the final game.

Remarkable stuff.