PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Leeds red card...but no penalty?

thepro

Bench Warmer
Can someone enlighten me as to why there wasn't a penalty awarded for PNE for what the keeper did to get sent off today? I have only seen it in highlights and could only think the ref had given a free kick to Leeds prior to the violent conduct by the keeper, am I correct? Otherwise, this looked a stonewall PNE penalty and the red card.

Can someone enlighten me as to why there wasn't a penalty awarded for PNE for what the keeper did to get sent off today? I have only seen it in highlights and could only think the ref had given a free kick to Leeds prior to the violent conduct by the keeper, am I correct? Otherwise, this looked a stonewall PNE penalty and the red card.

Yeah the ref had already blown for the foul by Whiteman

Because the referee had already blown the whistle and given Leeds the free kick for Osmajic's push on him. Once the keeper reacted the game had already stopped. hence a restart with a Leeds free kick... Edit: or as stated above, it could have been Whiteman

Yes, that makes perfect sense then. On the highlights I can only see the push in the face at which point the referee blows and shows the red card but if he had already given a foul on the keeper, that would explain why there was no penalty for PNE. Thank you and I hope everyone enjoyed getting one over on the dirty Leeds!

Just explained this to a Journalist from Sheffield on Twitter. Whiteman fouls the Keeper, free Kick Given. Then Whiteman goes head to head with the Keeper, should both been given a Yellow. Osmajic defends Whiteman and gets a hand to the face, Goes down like he was shot. Got a Yellow for it. Keeper got a straight Red. Leeds Player got a Yellow for something he said. If Osmajic had not run in Whiteman and Keeper get a telling off. So Referee was 100% correct with everything. He got it wrong for the Leeds Penalty, probably trying to level things.

Just explained this to a Journalist from Sheffield on Twitter. Whiteman fouls the Keeper, free Kick Given. Then Whiteman goes head to head with the Keeper, should both been given a Yellow. Osmajic defends Whiteman and gets a hand to the face, Goes down like he was shot. Got a Yellow for it. Keeper got a straight Red. Leeds Player got a Yellow for something he said. If Osmajic had not run in Whiteman and Keeper get a telling off. So Referee was 100% correct with everything. He got it wrong for the Leeds Penalty, probably trying to level things.
Surely not! I understand refs levelling things up if they make a mistake, but on the keeper incident he got it spot on, so why the need to level up?

Btw Crazy, I hope things have settled down for you now, health included, and that you're able to get on with life?

I hope the Leeds keeper gets a 3 month ban, he nearly took Osmajic's head off. He's only a skinny little thing, could take him a while to get over it.
Obviously it wasn’t a Tyson Fury punch to the nose… but neither was it a tickle under the chin. It had quite some force and was clear violent conduct - a clear red even if Millie went down a bit easily, it wasn’t embarrassing.
Not as bad as when he went down in the first half, holding his face after a high foot came within 18 inches of making contact 😂

It confused me at the time because I thought he was blowing for the elbow that Meslier threw at Whiteman. Rewatching the highlights, I didn't hear a whistle until after Whiteman and Meslier went head to head

Yes... at the time,I thought it should have been a penalty for the swinging arm on Whiteman - but the replay shows Whiteman did make a small infringement first. It's wound me up a lot that PNE have been castigated for winding up the keeper... when it was all the keeper'd doing. He certainly started it, hitting Whiteman, then putting his forehead against his... when Whiteman had done virtually nothing at all. Keeper just lost his head and can't complain.

Because the referee had already blown the whistle and given Leeds the free kick for Osmajic's push on him. Once the keeper reacted the game had already stopped. hence a restart with a Leeds free kick... Edit: or as stated above, it could have been Whiteman
I’m sure that you’re right HC, but it’s always confused me how players & managers can be sent off after a game ends!

I seem to recall Ben Pearson getting a red card after a game finished (although on the pitch) vs Bolton a few seasons back, but also red cards being dished out in the tunnel after the game has finished?!

At what point does the referees officiating end I wonder?

Just another example of footballers being pricks and Meslier in particular on this occasion. How to turn an utterly innocuous incident into a drama. Got exactly what he deserved for failing the basic intelligence test (which isn’t to say our players were entirely without sin…).

I think they're all as bad as each other and footballers need to man up and stop this embarrasing play acting - get them back on the next tackle and stop acting like big girls rolling on the floor.
I understand why Ozzy did it and it got us a pen and likely won us the match but, come on, he s a tough lad.

The shit is whats wrong with football these days - they're not hurt, they're just playing and need to get up, dust down and get on with the game instead of crying everytime a hard tackle goes in.
Man up, deal with it and whack em harder in the next 50-50.

If you think the play acting is bad in the champ, Leeds showed what it is like in the Prem. They threw themselves over every time there was a tackle. The one in the first half where they ended up with two players rolling around completely unhurt and there was no foul was just ridiculous.

Seem to recall Stoke getting a penalty against us in the 95th minute for this type of thing circa Ade Panicbuyi era. Was there and it seemed an engineered decision. What was different here?

I’m sure that you’re right HC, but it’s always confused me how players & managers can be sent off after a game ends!

I seem to recall Ben Pearson getting a red card after a game finished (although on the pitch) vs Bolton a few seasons back, but also red cards being dished out in the tunnel after the game has finished?!

At what point does the referees officiating end I wonder?
When he leaves the ground in his car.!
You are entitled to administer disciplinary action (misconduct) once arriving at the ground if need be.

Seem to recall Stoke getting a penalty against us in the 95th minute for this type of thing circa Ade Panicbuyi era. Was there and it seemed an engineered decision. What was different here?
I remember that one. The ball had gone out for a throw to Stoke, then there was a melee in the box a few moments later, for which the referee gave a penalty. Made no sense at the time as the incident occurred well after the ball went out.