PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Leicester city - cheating their way round the rules

Daily Telegraph article

Too right they get a heavy points deduction .
Besides benefiting from the unholy unjust parachute payments - the telegraph goes onto add that other championship clubs - demand sanctions as they have sought an unfair competitive advantage in trying to secure promotion. - whatever the rights and wrongs of us not buying Canon this is exactly a case in point. They out bid us with unfair financials, and effectively prevented another rival club buying a player.
They should be heavily sanctioned with fines and point deductions and transfer embargoes.
An absolute disgrace and shambolic system

To be fair the whole thing is a mockery anyway. Until Man City get punished I don’t really give a shit what happens. They seem tk be making it up as they go along. One minute Everton get a ten point deduction then it’s reduced to six. Notts forest get a four point deduction.

Daily Telegraph article

Too right they get a heavy points deduction .
Besides benefiting from the unholy unjust parachute payments - the telegraph goes onto add that other championship clubs - demand sanctions as they have sought an unfair competitive advantage in trying to secure promotion. - whatever the rights and wrongs of us not buying Canon this is exactly a case in point. They out bid us with unfair financials, and effectively prevented another rival club buying a player.
They should be heavily sanctioned with fines and point deductions and transfer embargoes.
An absolute disgrace and shambolic system
They'll still benefit from being promoted again. Points deduction would have to be for this season for the sake of justice. Otherwise its a risk worth taking for Leicester and others

Until these clubs are sent packing to League 2 to start again, it will always happen. Leicester cleared their debts once before by going into administration, so it’s not the first time. Everton and Forest increasingly look as though their punishment won’t actually have any tangible affect either.
The whole system of points deduction started as a result of Leicester going into administration.

To be fair the whole thing is a mockery anyway. Until Man City get punished I don’t really give a shit what happens. They seem tk be making it up as they go along. One minute Everton get a ten point deduction then it’s reduced to six. Notts forest get a four point deduction.

The Man City thing is going to blow everything apart, whatever happens. My gut instinct is they will bottle it, and as a result, everyone will just ignore the rules. A Super-League is not too far away now, as there is a "cartel" already. Personally, the EFL/Gov/whoever needs to get ahead of them and announce a reverse breakaway, leaving the "cartel" teams behind - unless they commit to the pyramid as a whole in terms of money and governance.

Football *could* be so good again. Sadly, greed has ruined it (and VAR).

The Man City thing is going to blow everything apart, whatever happens. My gut instinct is they will bottle it, and as a result, everyone will just ignore the rules. A Super-League is not too far away now, as there is a "cartel" already. Personally, the EFL/Gov/whoever needs to get ahead of them and announce a reverse breakaway, leaving the "cartel" teams behind - unless they commit to the pyramid as a whole in terms of money and governance.

Football *could* be so good again. Sadly, greed has ruined it (and VAR).

The more advanced the skill and tactics, perversely the less inclined I am to watch it. It feels as if youre dirtying your soul. The equivalent of picking up a Daily Mail to find out the football scores

I love my club, it will always be in my heart.

But the bigger picture with football is depressing to the extreme, from financial disparity to financial cheating, from messing around with the rules losing what football is all about and the VAR shambles.

Just switched on the Rangers v Celtic game and after 2 minutes saw VAR award the most ridiculous penalty, embarrassing.

I really don’t like it anymore, I hate to say this but there are much more interesting things to waste my time on.

That’s after I switched on the Japanese Gran prix, otherwise known as the Max Verstsppen Show, that got ditched after 1 minute…. More boring shit.

Gonna go and plant some peas, it’s more exciting with a better end result.