PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Line-Up v Norwich

utw

What does everyone think AN will do for this one? Unchanged from the side that won at Bolton? Bring Stockley back in? What would you do? I think it'll be unchanged from Bolton, to be honest. Norwich are there for the taking with the space they leave in behind so with an interchangeable, pacey front three, I think we can cause them some issues. Clinical finishing will be paramount though, in my opinion.

I'd play Stockley because Norwich's weakness is set pieces.

I don't know who makes way though, harsh on Barkhuizen but I can't see Neil dropping Maguire or Potts because he likes their versatility.

Gally has to play.

Neil says they have two young; fast; attacking full backs which to me means Gally wont be playing wide right or wide left........

So either its unchanged with Potts wide and gally central OR Rest Gally; pull Maguire wide and use Stockley.... which is the way I would go.

I can see Stockley starting then a toss up between Maguire and Barky
If that is the case then I feel it may be Maguire to the bench... I think Barky's defensive efforts will be invaluable against Norwich. It's good for us to be talking about all the options again. The likes of Johnson, Ledson, Moult, Ginnelly etc waiting in the wings

Stockley up top, Potts and Barky out wide.

Need to respect their fullbacks and give Fisher help against Hernandez.

Gally starts for me- his delivery and range of passing are always a good source of chances

Any doubts over the fitness of Browne and Pearson? Let's hope not, if either did need to sit out for a game I'd prefer it to be vs Forest, but if Gallagher can't play 3 in 7 days and there are doubts over those 2 the team Vs Norwich might need to be offset with thoughts of Forest i.e. mixing it up a bit.

If they're all fit then its Gallagher or DJ and a mix of Barkhuizen, Maguire and Stockley. I think the rest picks itself at the moment.

Something to perhaps consider is that Maguire is still on the come back from an injury that kept him out for months. Perhaps Neil will change it up by dropping Maguire for Stockley and giving Seani 20/30 towards the end of the game with an eye to Forest at the weekend?

I'd play Stockley because Norwich's weakness is set pieces.

I don't know who makes way though, harsh on Barkhuizen but I can't see Neil dropping Maguire or Potts because he likes their versatility.

Gally has to play.

True, but they're also very expansive leaving spaces between their centre halves. We should've scored at Deepdale last season directly from this situation actually, Robinson.

I'd go:

Rudd

Fisher
Storey
Davies
Hughes

Pearson
Gallagher

Potts
Browne
Barkhuizen

Maguire

True, but they're also very expansive leaving spaces between their centre halves. We should've scored at Deepdale last season directly from this situation actually, Robinson.

Yeah, maybe better using Stockley as a weapon off the bench, I wouldn't have any issues with an unchanged team.

I do think Stockley would win most things if he pulls onto Godfrey though.

Wonderful that we now have so many options for AN to juggle, it will keep us and that German farker guessing......

Definitely Stockley starting for me particularly for corners and set plays and general hassle of their defence. AN did hint in one of his comments about possibly the odd change but obviously not to make too many changes as to affect our decent run at the moment. Really looking forward to this game though and it will be an acid test for us to see how far we have come in the last half dozen games.