PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Mads Frokjaer

Not a great game for Mads yesterday, by his own high standards. I have some questions.

How do Ryan's histrionics help, each time or most creative player misplaces a pass? (This includes waving forward a sub, like against Huddersfield)
Why has Mads has stopped shooting? Is this coaching advice?
Was it a coincidence we lost midfield yesterday when Mads went off?

Not a great game for Mads yesterday, by his own high standards. I have some questions.

How do Ryan's histrionics help, each time or most creative player misplaces a pass? (This includes waving forward a sub, like against Huddersfield)
Why has Mads has stopped shooting? Is this coaching advice?
Was it a coincidence we lost midfield yesterday when Mads went off?
The histrionics are an absolute mystery - although it’s not only our manager. Does he think waving his arms around and gesturing for a sub to get ready means that a player won’t make a mistake next time?

On the shooting, are we back to the old only take on high percentage shots, something a previous player confirmed they were told to do?

Frokjaer was very poor yesterday and ordinarily deserved to get taken off - but only if we replaced him. We didn’t replace him and there was a big hole in our team. So, the decision to take him off was understandable (although I wouldn’t have done so) but the decision to not put someone in his position was puzzling at best.

The histrionics are an absolute mystery - although it’s not only our manager. Does he think waving his arms around and gesturing for a sub to get ready means that a player won’t make a mistake next time?

On the shooting, are we back to the old only take on high percentage shots, something a previous player confirmed they were told to do?

Frokjaer was very poor yesterday and ordinarily deserved to get taken off - but only if we replaced him. We didn’t replace him and there was a big hole in our team. So, the decision to take him off was understandable (although I wouldn’t have done so) but the decision to not put someone in his position was puzzling at best.
Exactly how I see it

I haven’t watched the game yet but it sounds like Mads had a bit of a stinker.

Fair enough, but it’s a big decision to take him off as even on his worst days there’s always a chance he’ll do something brilliant- you only need one of those poor passes to come off. He’s the player most capable of showing a bit of magic, even if the rest of his game has been poor. To take him off without another creative player to replace him seems fecking stupid to me.

I haven’t watched the game yet but it sounds like Mads had a bit of a stinker.

Fair enough, but it’s a big decision to take him off as even on his worst days there’s always a chance he’ll do something brilliant- you only need one of those poor passes to come off. He’s the player most capable of showing a bit of magic, even if the rest of his game has been poor. To take him off without another creative player to replace him seems fecking stupid to me.

He did..... And the clot in charge replaced him with the invisible man and we were 5 times worse. We have a tactical genius at the helm. :)

I'm probably Mads biggest fan but he did have a stinker yesterday. It will happen.

However, I'd still have left him on. The top players can have a bad game every now and then, it happens, but they're always capable of one moment of magic and he may well have produced something and won us the game.

The trouble with taking him off yesterday was we had nobody to remotely replace his invention and it showed.

I sit behind the technical area and have watched Lowes unhelpful gestures at players ever since he got here. He particularly overacts if Mads misplaces a pass or some other error. I, as a Mads fan, find it unhelpful, unfair in relation to the severity of gestures Lowe makes to our other players. Mads seems to be an intelligent guy and perhaps his superior intelligence Lowe finds difficult to identify with. Lowe is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but he needs to display , in public at least ,an even handed approach to each of our players,

Keep doing your stuff Mads, form is temporary Class is permanent.

I sit behind the technical area and have watched Lowes unhelpful gestures at players ever since he got here. He particularly overacts if Mads misplaces a pass or some other error. I, as a Mads fan, find it unhelpful, unfair in relation to the severity of gestures Lowe makes to our other players. Mads seems to be an intelligent guy and perhaps his superior intelligence Lowe finds difficult to identify with. Lowe is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but he needs to display , in public at least ,an even handed approach to each of our players,

It's Lowes lack of class that probably stops the fans liking him, as results are pretty good despite the many issues discussed on here.

I'm probably Mads biggest fan but he did have a stinker yesterday. It will happen.

However, I'd still have left him on. The top players can have a bad game every now and then, it happens, but they're always capable of one moment of magic and he may well have produced something and won us the game.

The trouble with taking him off yesterday was we had nobody to remotely replace his invention and it showed.
Lowe was about to sub him against Huddersfield. We scored. He stayed on and played a big part in our eventual victory.

Mads was always surrounded by 2-3 Norwich players yesterday (stinker out otherwise); 2-3 players who suddenly had the freedom of Deepdale when he went off without an equivalent replacement.

Lowe was about to sub him against Huddersfield. We scored. He stayed on and played a big part in our eventual victory.

Mads was always surrounded by 2-3 Norwich players yesterday (stinker out otherwise); 2-3 players who suddenly had the freedom of Deepdale when he went off without an equivalent replacement.
That is the problem Mads has in that he is the only creative player in the squad. Nullify him and that stops all the creativity we have. When Millar plays that takes a bit of the limelight of him due to his pace so ends up with more space

That is the problem Mads has in that he is the only creative player in the squad. Nullify him and that stops all the creativity we have. When Millar plays that takes a bit of the limelight of him due to his pace so ends up with more space

If you watch, when Millar plays on the left, Mads tends to gravitate towards the left flank. They have a very good understanding. I doubt it but I'm hoping Millar will be back here next season.

Mads strikes me as the player in our squad most likely to openly question Lowe’s tactics. I’ve heard it mentioned many times that Frokjaer is a bit of a football nerd and student of the game, he also seems to have quite a direct personality and says what he thinks.

It wouldn’t surprise me if there were a bit of friction between the two of them, to be honest.

Mads strikes me as the player in our squad most likely to openly question Lowe’s tactics. I’ve heard it mentioned many times that Frokjaer is a bit of a football nerd and student of the game, he also seems to have quite a direct personality and says what he thinks.

It wouldn’t surprise me if there were a bit of friction between the two of them, to be honest.
A very good point. I had wondered that myself. I

Yep, I said on a different thread that he makes finding space look easy. As soon as he went off, we had no one capable of dropping into the right areas and we were, frankly, poor from then on. He wasn't having a great game at all but he was close to making something happen several times, and like you say, we only needed one of them to come off. The substitutions yesterday were Sunday League level.

If you watch Mads during games he is telling players where to make runs or pass the ball

whatever our views I think we can all agree we needed Mads to play yesterday and he didnt. None of the others available can do what he does when he plays well/.

players finding space is easy....players not bothering mark their direct opponent is the easiest way - which partly explains why their capt had the freedom of midfield to dominate possession and relieve any pressure.