PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Marc Leonard

Probably go Swansea if there's serious interest. Feels like the sort of club that will pick him up and they have a keeper on season long loan from Brighton this season.

What sort of midfielder is he as impressions are he'd be a replacement for Browne if he decides to move on.

Phillips at Barnsley is one to look at if they don't go up.

Probably go Swansea if there's serious interest. Feels like the sort of club that will pick him up and they have a keeper on season long loan from Brighton this season.

What sort of midfielder is he as impressions are he'd be a replacement for Browne if he decides to move on.

Last season for Northampton he was more of a 6 whereas this season he’s played more in a Browne role and he’s got a fair few goal contributions. He’s not a player we’d sign as a back up so probably will worry a few seen as Browne hasn’t signed yet.

I wouldn't be averse to Adam Phillips. He's a good player, I saw him at Morecambe, where he was on loan. I'm pretty certain he's a big PNE fan too, he's from Garstang.
I don't know much about Marc Leonard, but unfortunately know a bit about Mark Leonard. 😒🙄

Would be a very shrewd signing imo; clearly too good for league one and a position we need depth and/or someone pushing for a starting role. Wouldn't think the transfer fee would be extremely high but do think would have to be a permanent with this kind of interest, don't see them loaning him again.

He's just played 90mins in a 0-1 defeat to the Seagull Draggers.

any thing will be an upgrade on Ledson

McCann's basically been the Ledson replacement, it's just taken him a long time to fully establish himself as a certain starter at this level which he has done in last few months.

Central midfield is a little like upfront. It's not far off starting next season with a decent array of options: Whiteman, Browne, Mads, McCann and Holmes but Browne leaving would fill a void as he is a top end championship midfielder when on form.

Get him signing that extension and adding a Leonard type and you wouldn't have to worry about that area too much next season.