PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - Bristol City v PNE - 11/09/21 - KO:15:00 - Championship

Thought we struggled to dominate the midfield today against some experienced centre mids. Riis had an off day but I thought the wing backs, DJ and Maguire all played well.

I’d like to have seen Murphy come on when Riis went off to maintain getting in behind them especially when they’d have been pushing late on. McCann would have been better coming on for Whiteman for me also.

Tough games ahead but no one to fear in this division.

An interesting few weeks ahead. The last few performances have been a real improvement, but it's 7 points taken from 18 available so far and 4 really tough games coming up now. Got to start scoring more goals. Half of our goals so far this season came in 1 game.
And looking at where Reading and Hull are in the league, that was 6 points thrown away. Huddersfield makes it 9, and they’ll finish close to the bottom three IMO.
Those points could be critical come the end of the season.

A question for those who saw the game today: would McCann coming on for Whiteman have perhaps been the better sub (using his energy to win the ball back further up the pitch with Ledson still behind him)?
Absolutely. On way back now. We said it. Whiteman struggled at times today and for us, it should have been a straight swap.