PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - Cardiff v PNE - 20/02/2021 - KO:15:00 - Championship

He breeds negativity into every player.

They’re drilled into this anti football sideways and backwards passing keep possession in your own half don’t push forward in numbers or at speed in case you lose possession. Only attack and attempt to create chances late in the game.

No wonder Pearson, Fisher and Davies wanted out.
The belief hoover!

When will Neil stop messing about trying to nullify the opposition rather than work out what works for us and stick to it, let the opposition worry about us!

He was clear after Watford it’s all about stopping them scoring.....fine if we had a rock solid defence but that hasn’t work for as long as I can remember, certainly not when you’ve just sold a quality RB (to a rival) for peanuts and replaced him with a no.10, loan in a tortoise for CB and mess about with formations every game!

I’m afraid his time has come, I’ve always supported him in the past, every team has rough patches but we ar clueless, gutless, devoid of ideas and miserable to watch. He’s made #teamslikepreston become a statement of fact rather than the joke we all enjoyed!

He had the referee clocked early and kept at it during the match - weak and manipulated by Cardiff. Prime example - Flint should have gone for the foul on Gally in the box giving us the second penalty.
Yeah he was right about the ref, it was the worst possible start with what looked like us just trying to clear the ball, clearly a terrible decision but it didn't excactly spark us into life going 1-0 down so early did it?!

Where’s the Alex Neil lovers then? I would like to see reasons for keeping him after that performance

I stopped watching at 70mins, the first time in my life I have left/stopped watching a north end game early. When he first came in we had a very enjoyable high pressing high energy tactic which was very good to watch, over the last year and a half this has transformed to what can only be described as a lack of identify tactics wise. I saw that as we now match up the teams we play against no matter who it is, yeh maybe it’s allowable to match up Watford as they’re a quality side, but matching up to some of the shite teams in this team like Rotherham etc is laughable. We no longer have a defined tactic and shape other than boring slow football, any creativity we have gets beaten out of the players within 2/3 weeks of joining.
I don’t plan on paying to watch another game of this crap until Alex has been sacked

Only stat that matters is goals for and against

Addressed that earlier in the thread 65; teams with a lead are happy to leave the opposition passing the ball around in their own half with no desire (or ability) to keep the ball, pass and move, forward of the half way line.

sacking now would be silly imo, we arent going to go down with neil but we might if we sack. give the rest of season, if it doesnt improve then change in summer. anyone new coming in still wont have a RB and still wont go up

Where’s the Alex Neil lovers then? I would like to see reasons for keeping him after that performance

I stopped watching at 70mins, the first time in my life I have left/stopped watching a north end game early. When he first came in we had a very enjoyable high pressing high energy tactic which was very good to watch, over the last year and a half this has transformed to what can only be described as a lack of identify tactics wise. I saw that as we now match up the teams we play against no matter who it is, yeh maybe it’s allowable to match up Watford as they’re a quality side, but matching up to some of the shite teams in this team like Rotherham etc is laughable. We no longer have a defined tactic and shape other than boring slow football, any creativity we have gets beaten out of the players within 2/3 weeks of joining.
I don’t plan on paying to watch another game of this crap until Alex has been sacked
Be interesting to see how much money you save!

Only stat that matters is goals for and against

Yes. It’s by far far far the most important stat - and we look like a team expecting to get nil.

Massive to get the penalty against us so early. Massive to miss the pen that might have sparked a grandstand finish- but instead sparked a collapse.

Still think Flint deserved red for what looked a reckless lunge on Gallagher.

A lot went against us again today but we did not help ourselves one bit.