PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - Plastics v Preston North End - 12/02/21 - KO:19:45 - Championship

I’ve had a quick look at the stats and I reckon we need to go for it from the off. The first goal will be very important. Blackburn have scored the first goal in 11 of their games and have gone on to win 10 of them and drawn the other. Blackburn have the worst home record up till half time of anyone in the league so we need to hit them early imho. If we do our let’s get through till half time at 0-0 routine we’ll be playing right into their hands.

COYW let’s regain those bragging rights!
Nope it will be one up park the bus shit housing from minute one till we are two nil down, half an hour consolidation(keep it at 2) 5 minute late burst for a way back, concede again, shut up shop to keep our dignity !!!!!!!!!!!!

Well its going to end badly.. Mrs B has invited her dad round to watch it... Every time he comes to watch we lose...

Sky game so I will be tuning in more in hope than expectation.

Rovers fan I know sent me that pic of Dolan doing a somersault after he scored in the home game so I want revenge.

Normally I can cope if we lose but leave everything out there & put the effort in but not against this lot.

The home game was an embarrassment & they owe it to us to put it right.

Without getting overly scientific, it would have to cool from +37C to -37C in micro-seconds (more micro-seconds if you have long tibia) (y)
I see. That would explain why, when I was in Finland 150km north of the Arctic Circle, and it was -35, I couldn't do my flies back up and got a stiff thingy as I couldn't get it back in my pants.

I’ve had a quick look at the stats and I reckon we need to go for it from the off. The first goal will be very important. Blackburn have scored the first goal in 11 of their games and have gone on to win 10 of them and drawn the other. Blackburn have the worst home record up till half time of anyone in the league so we need to hit them early imho. If we do our let’s get through till half time at 0-0 routine we’ll be playing right into their hands.

COYW let’s regain those bragging rights!
So the key is not to concede in the first 30 seconds? Surely no team would ever do that?

A light hearted senior moment to share. As most know I live opposite the club so I see various TV stations setting up their lorries when we are on TV. So last night, I went upstairs to watch TV (I can’t suffer the boxing on the downstairs TV) I look out of the bedroom window and wonder where the SKY lorries are. They are late I think, then think perhaps it’s because it’s so cold they can’t sleep in their lorries, then I think surely they have heaters though. Then I think how busy they are going to be tomorrow or, maybe they know something we don’t and it will be cancelled. I was a bit concerned I can tell you. Just as I am ready to fall into a sleep my husband hears, “we are away you silly old sod”. Honestly it’s getting worse!

Sky game so I will be tuning in more in hope than expectation.

Rovers fan I know sent me that pic of Dolan doing a somersault after he scored in the home game so I want revenge.

Normally I can cope if we lose but leave everything out there & put the effort in but not against this lot.

The home game was an embarrassment & they owe it to us to put it right.
Has he actually scored against 11 men at all or are all his goals from games where the opposition was down to 10?

Nope it will be one up park the bus shit housing from minute one till we are two nil down, half an hour consolidation(keep it at 2) 5 minute late burst for a way back, concede again, shut up shop to keep our dignity !!!!!!!!!!!!
Any defeat does not enable us to keep our dignity in my eyes so I say sod that approach.

Has he actually scored against 11 men at all or are all his goals from games where the opposition was down to 10?
Nope. 3 goals, Wycombe Derby and us, all down to 10

Really impressed with his interview talking about mental health this week, can’t have been easy